[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
www.theavalanches.com • View topic - Floatin' my boat...
The Avalanches

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:33 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:34 pm 

TV wrote:
I've been listening to a few Gui Boratto tracks from Chromophobia; real nice stuff. Got his record on order.
Also, it came out two years ago, but I just discovered them last week: Pivot, can't stop listening to Make Me Love You.

if you like gui boratto, have you checked out booka shade? gb reminded me a lot of bs.

i still need to listen to pivot more.

speaking of pitchfork, another one of their rave reviewed items is really nice - the field's from here we go sublime. trancey techno thing, pitched just right between groovy and spiralling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:45 pm 

lossless wrote:
if you like gui boratto, have you checked out booka shade? gb reminded me a lot of bs.

Hey, thanks for putting me onto them. Sounds great so far.

I'm picking that Field record up later this week hopefully, it better live up to all the media hype!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:59 pm 

Quote:
Røyksopp - Back To Mine

Funk, electro and rock in one awsome mixture:D

very nice stuff,indeed 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:40 am 

Candie Payne - I wish I could have loved you more

Best single of the year so far.

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:46 pm 

I can't recall who posted about Yonderboi but have been listening to the album "Shallow and Profound" for some time now and really enjoy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:22 am 

i also thought the yonderboi was pretty good.

thanks for the candie payne tune, simon. sounds a bit like something from a tarantino soundtrack.

i've been enjoying the new Spoon album as well as the CD single of LCD Soundsystem's "All My Friends," which has Franz Ferdinand and John Cale doing covers of the track, plus a couple new tunes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:54 am 

What about the last chemical bros stuff? sounds as sum more interesting stuff from them,eh?! 8)
(thanks to Mr Haze,again! :P )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:47 am 

I really don't like the new Chemical Brothers single (Do It Again), was expecting more from them, im hoping the new album will be better

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:55 am 

Was actually refferin'to their new album "We Are The Night" and i find it quite nice, full of potential gems and other growers 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:53 am 

i listened to the chemical bros album yesterday and while it sounded ok, nothing jumped out at me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:00 am 

i just finished listening to the new chem bros for the first time. bits and pieces are nice, but yeah, no star guitar on this one. saturate and das spiegel are pretty good, and the last track is lovely if reminiscent of better songs from their catalog.

erm... "the salmon dance"? are they auditioning for a kiddie show theme song? did one of them have a baby recently? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:27 am 

Been listening to the Lindstrom & Prins Thomas Essential Mix quite a bit recently, its top.

Download available here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:00 pm 

the odg wrote:
Been listening to the Lindstrom & Prins Thomas Essential Mix quite a bit recently, its top.

Download available here

Nice mix :)
Really enjoy the first song of the track (according to the list it's "Al Usher - Her Today") but I can't find any info on it when searching the net.. anyone got any more info about the artist / what album it's from?

edit: well it seems like at least managed to find his myspace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:23 pm 

Found this song called "Yours Truly, 2095" by "Electric Light Orchestra" really nice song I must say. A mix of rock and electronic with vocoders (anything with vocoders in it iz da bomb! :D)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:04 am 

various - nme presents independent thinking - modular records: jus about every trak xcellente... (van she "sex city"... wot a freakin trak!!!) cept fer last trak - wolfmother live, doh!

spank rock - fabriclive 33: xcellente mix

m.a.n.d.y. - mixmag june 07: xcellente mix

various - modular 3" sampler 07: apart from avs remix, all different trax to nme cd, altho wolfmother avs remix rather familiar

simian mobile disco - promo (from 2002): xcellente mix

simian mobile disco - buggedout! presents suck my deck: xcellente mix

oh yeah... also

the beatles - love: bit slow on this 1, but a freakin xcellente mix iz wottitiz :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:22 am 

[ ]

Last edited by TIME_IS_IN_LOVE on Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:47 am 

johan wrote:
Found this song called "Yours Truly, 2095" by "Electric Light Orchestra" really nice song I must say. A mix of rock and electronic with vocoders (anything with vocoders in it iz da bomb! :D)

The Apples in Stereo record (I'm still banging on about) is heavily ELO influenced... try Can You Feel It? or the amazing 7 Stars for lots of perfect pop and vocoder.

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:06 am 

TIME_IS_IN_LOVE wrote:
you like spank rock swamp?

their mixes & coupla mash-ups, yes. they also did a spankin bb last year

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:10 am 

currently listenin to sum rap stuff and i really liked MC Paul Barman's "Paullelujah" made of catchy&funny samples with an interesting flow from the guy 8)

(by the way, did i dream or somethin' new was to arrive soon on the site ?! :P )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:20 pm 
Site Admin

i'm liking -

soil & pimp sessions - pimpoint
map of africa
dixon's resident advisor mix

New Topic Post Reply  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next