[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
www.theavalanches.com • View topic - melbourne
The Avalanches

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:53 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: melbourne
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 12:07 pm 

hey dudes i am in melbourne wed till sunday for a conference... what is going down this weekend. I am staying with my pa in Middle Park so I will be close to the action and i will have a car.

If there is anything that is good that I should catch. Would like to see Ransom but have heard bad things about revolver like $20+ cover charges and having to the door guy why you are cool enough to go in. If its like that I won't bother.

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 9:23 am 

dunno...

um...Koolism are playing at Beatbox @ the Lounge on saturday...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 9:50 am 

Revolver is cool but not that cool... I never had any problems, and I'm not cool. Normally $10-$15 if memory serves, but dependant on what's on....

Honky Tonks was worse for that, but never got turned away there, either....

Check the PoW in St Kilda to see if anything's on there, or the Corner Hotel Swan St, Richmond....

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 11:33 am 

yeah just to echo simon i doubt you'll have a problem with revolver - and $20 would be pretty unheard of unless they had some big overseas act.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 6:20 pm 

Had a top weekend!!!

Machine translations on thurs at the corner.

Friday I went about everywhere met robbie's little bro Duncan and was talking to one of the guys Joel? from cut copy at bimbos.

Fantastic. Brissie really lacks this variety. After all the work and all the drinks I did I was toast. So I laid low on sat. night. I have seen Koolism 2 times this year. A bit sad bout not seeing J-Red have heard so many good things.

anyhow was a great time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 8:06 am 

i just got back from a brief jaunt down to melbourne, my first time in the southern city. i just went for the weekend really, stayed in north melbourne at a hostel, and saw the site: st kilda, prahran, brunsmick st, federation sq etc. and i was well impressed, really nice, kinda more european than sydney, nice weather, easy to get around and so on.

i also went to revolver on friday night and saw jet, who were quite excellent, and all in all, had a swell time.

'spect to melbourne!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 10:04 pm 

I'm in Melbourne with my girlfriend this weekend - where should we go out Saturday night?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 8:36 am 

ask fatho.

hello mates :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 8:57 am 

rickydazla wrote:
I'm in Melbourne with my girlfriend this weekend - where should we go out Saturday night?

Hey! Mr Dazzler!

Talk to Minna and Pat, you three will get on, and Jarrod, but he's fucking useless from an organisational perspective.

Main recommendation will be to recover on Sunday morning at the Richmond Hill Cafe/Larder/Cheese shop (though stay out've the cheesey room or you'll be sick). They do the best breakfast in town.

As for Saturday night, I'd probably recommend Revolver in Prahran (pronounced p'raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan), on Chapel St, which is generally a good laugh, and they do nice Thai food.

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 7:33 pm 

mmmm they do very nice pumpkin salads mmmm :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 8:52 pm 

goldfish wrote:
rickydazla wrote:

Hey! Mr Dazzler!

Talk to Minna and Pat, you three will get on, and Jarrod, but he's fucking useless from an organisational perspective.

That sounds all wrong. I was just trying to say you should make it a priority to contact these people, but don't be surprised if it doesn't work out because tracking Jarrod down is not unlike trying to find Lord Lucan on one of his 'I vant to be alone' days.

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 5:07 pm 

goldfish wrote:
Main recommendation will be to recover on Sunday morning at the Richmond Hill Cafe/Larder/Cheese shop (though stay out've the cheesey room or you'll be sick). They do the best breakfast in town.

As for Saturday night, I'd probably recommend Revolver in Prahran (pronounced p'raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan), on Chapel St, which is generally a good laugh, and they do nice Thai food.

Simon

I've been in South East Asia for 3 months, what I want is big fat steak, bleeding, and some potatoes, preferably deep fried!

Seeing as though your recommendation of accomodation was so good (I'm writing from the nunnery) I may well head down to revolver tomorrow night...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 9:13 pm 

oops...i guess i missed you...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:07 am 

If this helps at all, I boned Asterix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:17 am 

who the fuck is asterix?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:06 am 

triptik wrote:
who the fuck is asterix?

this guy at the front:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:25 am 

so you mean that asterix isn't obelix? or dogmatix? i mean come on.... the short one cannot be asterix! have you ever been to "parc asterix"? he isnt short there!

in my opinion asterix the legionary is the best of the series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:37 pm 

Gee TRIPTIk, I wouldn't bone a fat man. I thought we understood each other. We shared cheese.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:27 pm 

but you'd bone a dwarf with a blonde gay biker 'tache?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:52 pm 

fat men need love too...

New Topic Post Reply  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next