[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
www.theavalanches.com • View topic - Mixes Update
The Avalanches

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:49 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mixes Update
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:57 am 
Site Admin

Hi all,

Just posted some updates to the mixes page, including the ful-length Brains mix.

http://www.theavalanches.com

Post subject: Re: Mixes Update
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:07 am 

woo hoo :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:29 am 

Awesome, thanks!

Are there any other new postings aside from the full Brains mix? I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:55 am 

as far as i can make out riko, brains is the only new addition. however, i cant recall exactly wot woz there previously, so clint may have posted stuff thats alreddy out there, but new to the site :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:07 am 

This news just made my day. It also completely distracted me from a school assignment but THIS WAS MORE IMPORTANT!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:39 pm 
Site Admin

The guys will continue to dig through the vaults for unheard gems to help make the waiting a little easier as the album is finished off!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:57 am 

Can't wait to hear them and the new album.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:09 am 

Awesome! :mrgreen:

While you're here, what's the news on the "10 Year Anniversary Deluxe Reissue" of SILY? Is there any sort of estimate? Will it be released in 2012?
I recall Robbie saying it would be released 2011, but that was in July. It's almost December now and still no news :P

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:43 pm 

chchucks wrote:
While you're here, what's the news on the "10 Year Anniversary Deluxe Reissue" of SILY? Is there any sort of estimate? Will it be released in 2012?
I recall Robbie saying it would be released 2011, but that was in July. It's almost December now and still no news

I'm at least 2 degrees of bacon removed from the band itself ( so take this with a grain of salt ) but from what i've heard robbie has been unwell for a number of years now which is why the album and reissue keep being delayed. From what i've been told he has some kind of quite serious auto - immune disease. Was not sure if i should post this on here as i am not one to gossip online, (and apologies to him if this turns out to be completely wrong ) but it came from a pretty reliable source.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:45 pm 

What is the track at 45.03 - 45.12. must..know pleeeeeease

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:24 am 

Not sure but it sounds like it's the same song that's going from 43.52 to 45.47, which seems to be based on an instrumental of The Sugar Hill Gang's 8th Wonder.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:16 pm 

jjand j wrote:
chchucks wrote:
I recall Robbie saying it would be released 2011, but that was in July. It's almost December now and still no news

I'm at least 2 degrees of bacon removed from the band itself ( so take this with a grain of salt ) but from what i've heard robbie has been unwell for a number of years now which is why the album and reissue keep being delayed. From what i've been told he has some kind of quite serious auto - immune disease. Was not sure if i should post this on here as i am not one to gossip online, (and apologies to him if this turns out to be completely wrong ) but it came from a pretty reliable source.

Well i hope that turns out to be untrue but if it isn't then robbie i hope you get better.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ]