[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
www.theavalanches.com • View topic - Since I left you released versions
The Avalanches

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:02 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Since I left you released versions
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:03 pm 

Was reading an article in Triple J's issue for the hottest 100 albums of all time.In the article Robbie mentioned that some samples had to be taken of the album when it was released in other countrys.I know that the first run of albums released by Modular had an extensive listing of all the samples but later on the next run of Australian copys didnt have the sample listing on the inside of the gatefold cover.

Has anybody listened to the Australian version and compared it say with a uk or us version.Would be interesting to know how many samples had to be taken off.

forgive me if this topic has already surfaced before if so delete this.

Post subject: Re: Since I left you released versions
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:48 am 

I heard a very empty-sounding version with a lot of the vocal and upfront stuff missing. I presume that's the stripped down version. My copy, which I bought in Amsterdam, Holland, has everything in place except the 'younger than springtime' sample which can be heard on Gimix. So are there three versions?

Post subject: Re: Since I left you released versions
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:22 am 

as far as I can tell, there is a longer introduction to "Radio" (Johnny, Johnny open up!)

Little Journey has about 20 seconds from the middle part removed outright. (guitar part. dont know the sample)

I know there are more, of course.

PS: The only place I ever heard the "Springtime" snippet was on the gimix mix. Rickydowns *fantastic* video series skews that since that sample is in there, but I think that was due it being grabbed from the mix, not the album.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ]