It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:59 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Return to New York
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 9:28 am 

To all going to Return to New York at Great Eastern Hotel tomorrow night (Simon, Viv, Emma et al), DO NOT miss Princess Superstar (no really).

It's not a live set, it's a 4-deck dj set with a guy whose name i didn't catch (Alec Unique?) and if it's as good as what i've just heard on xfm (from last night's Remix night) it will be a real highlight (yes, up there with soulwax).

Trust me here guys...James & Eddie of The Remix put them in their top three djs alongside Avalanches & Soulwax so it's not just me going off on one (for a change :wink: )

i won't give too much away in case it's the same set but think felix da housecat, the rapture, beastie boys 'girls', madonna's 'dress you up' and some shit-hot scratching. :D

See you there :D

Post subject: Re: Return to New York
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:06 am 

Sweeeeeet! 8O 8O :D

Should be there 9ish.... Jingooooooooooooooooo :D

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:37 am 

ok, let's look at the evidence folks:

old man + long hair + erotic dancers = Fuck! Arthur Baker has turned into Peter Stringfellow!!!

Still, top night and an amazing venue (makes a change from clubs with sticky floors).

Simon, Viv & Emma - Good to see you all again. Simon - email me your address and i'll send you a minidisc (yes, i have the technology! :wink: )of the Princess Superstar & Alexander Technique mix cd for distribution to the masses - 70 minute of pure filth! :D

A...E...A, E, I, O, U...U, I sometimes cry! 8O 8O :D Think I better get some proper sleep now :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:21 pm 

Erotic? I must be getting old, or something, but they looked like a rather scary bunch to me, like leftovers from an over 35s Ballroom Dancing competition..... ;)

Pete, you looked as though you were having a whale of a time, as were we all (although we felt and looked our age struggling off at the end of the evening.... ;) ).

Princess Superstar was really good, as was the tag team display by Soulwax and Erol and others towards the end (what the hell was that version of Sugababes' Round and Round?!?!?!). Jellybean Benitez looked like a Mexican kiddy fiddler, and didn't get a decent look at LAdy Miss Kier :( :evil: :wink:

Don't forget, there's things I haven't told you, I go out late at night, and if I was to tell you, you'd seem my different side.....

I'll PM you.

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 10:37 pm 

simon,
your obsession with that particular song is beginning to worry me. is there something you'd like to tell us? like maybe what you get up to at night?

i had a great time, and by the end i felt as old as those 'erotic' dancers looked....

wheels,
can i get a copy of that princess superstar MD? dropme an email if you need my address. cheers! :D

v

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ]