[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
www.theavalanches.com • View topic - Avalanches Records
The Avalanches

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:42 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Avalanches Records
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 10:49 am 

Hi all,

Which Avalanches records seem to be the most highly sought after ??

Who out there owns 7" Moler single that Darren Seltmann appears on ---- it was put out by Steady Cam, limited to 300 copies... now THAT'S rare !!
:D

I searched Ebay and was amazed at the prices of singles that were dirt cheap when new.

Also amazed at bootlegs starting to appear of the band.

Rob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 2:07 pm 

well, i know i'm after them, and they're pretty universally sought after:

*both rock city 7"'s on trifekta get high prices on ebay

*ditto for the modular electricity 12". i just bought the rex 7" but it's not the same. this is the one release i want the most. i wanted it when it first came out too, but had absolutely no bloody idea where you could buy it.

*rex undersea community 10" would be pretty sweet too, although i have all the tracks from it in some form or another.

stuff i have that others want... ;)

*el producto

*cornerstone player

*gimix/radio promo

tell me more about this molar 7"... i'm intrigued. what was darren's part in it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 3:17 pm 

Hi,

*both rock city 7"'s on trifekta get high prices on ebay
I've got the red vinyl 7" -- never seen the black version for sale...

*modular electricity 12". ---but had absolutely no bloody idea where you could buy it.
There were two ways to get it, at least here in Sydney: mail order direct from Modular Records, or from local independant record stores like Red Eye Records, or the long-gone Waterfront/WHAMMO shop.
It sold out quickly---only 1,000 pressed !!

*rex undersea community 10" would be pretty sweet too
Didn't realise it was that hard to get -- I got mine when it was brand new.

*gimix/radio promo
Very cool promo --- did you get the cassette version ?? (Gimix only)

tell me more about this molar 7"... i'm intrigued. what was darren's part in it?

According to the back sleeve, he played "kitchen drumkit" -- this is on the Steady Cam record company website:
"Making a special appearance on the single is Darren from the Avalanches and some electronics to 'A Pirate's Lament' "

Hope that helps.
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 4:09 pm 

Roberto wrote:

*modular electricity 12". ---but had absolutely no bloody idea where you could buy it.
There were two ways to get it, at least here in Sydney: mail order direct from Modular Records, or from local independant record stores like Red Eye Records, or the long-gone Waterfront/WHAMMO shop.
It sold out quickly---only 1,000 pressed !!

hehe, it should have been even easier for me, being in melbourne, but the reason i didn't get my hands on the electricity 12" was because i was just plain ignorant. i'd heard and fallen in love with the song on jjj, but i didn't even know what format it came in. i was hoping for a whole album (well, i guess that did happen eventually), but thought it might have been a cd single. i kept wondering into jb hifi, poking around in the avalanches section (and frustratingly only ever finding el producto - which was 15 bucks then :)).

Quote:
*gimix/radio promo
Very cool promo --- did you get the cassette version ?? (Gimix only)

yeah, i got the cassette version first actually, bought at their live show in feb 2001. i later won the promo from the modular website in a mixtape competition (along with quite a few others from this site :))

thanks for the moler info :). is the 7" actually any good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 5:15 pm 

Hey,

The Moler 7" isn't too bad --- I only bought it because of Darren's involvement. Haven't heard much of that band's music, though, so I don't know what they're like...I've only played the 7" once !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:27 pm 

I was reading in another post on the forum that a site had El Producto on sale for $150, I went to have a look and it appears that it has been sold. So this got me thinking :wink:

As we are talking about the 'rare' items (el producto, electricity 12" other vinyl singles) in this thread, I was just wondering if anyone had an idea on what some of them are actually worth, and also how much would you be willing to pay for a record you really wanted?

New Topic Post Reply  [ 6 posts ]