[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
www.theavalanches.com • View topic - any mac users in the house?
The Avalanches

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:36 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: any mac users in the house?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:21 am 

just curious to see what comps people use. i lead and develop a native soulseek client for mac (SolarSeek). I wanna see what soulseek client people use and that sort of stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:57 pm 

I'm still getting better and quicker results from Nicotine (still stuck at 1.08rc1) than Solarseek, but it's good to see it's making some progress. I've got 0.94? Is that still current?

As an aside, I can't figure out how to remove searches once I've used them, aside from unchecking 'automatically save searches'.

Still, encouraging to see a native client back in development. Good luck!

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:32 am 

hey well im glad to see that you still have tried solarseek. 0.94 is the current version but 0.95, which has a ton of bug fixes will be released shortly. than there is version 1.0 which i and another developer are working on at the moment. the other three are working on 0.95 and then we are all going to work together on 1.0
1.0 will have advanced searches (filtered searches), better wishlist support, much beter user browsing, itunes/ipod integration, network control and more . 1.0 is totally getting re-made from the ground up so each of the features i listed are going to be release as like version 1.1, 1.2 and so on.

As for another native client you should check out SoulseeX
http://chris.schleifer.net/ssX/
we even reccomended our users use it temporarilly until we released 0.95. BTW, from what ive tested with 0.95 has been getting much better search results so i hope you give solarseek another whirl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:56 pm 

ive never had as much luck on the mac with slsk as i have with the pc. will give it another go though and let you know of the results.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:07 pm 

jarrod wrote:
ive never had as much luck on the mac with slsk as i have with the pc. will give it another go though and let you know of the results.

I get better results with Nicotine than with the official PC Soulseek client... YMMV

Obviously it's a pain in the crack to install, but worth it in my opinion.

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:57 am 

i once downloaded Nicotine, but i never got it to work.. :?

where can i download the latest version?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:02 pm 

SolarSeek 0.95 released
check the site for more info

http://solarseek.sourceforge.net

New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ]