It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:02 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: cheese eating surrender monkeys
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 10:48 pm 

from an e-mail i received today (with apologies to any french people here):

Quote:
"Going to war without France is like going duck hunting without your accordion." Donald Rumsfeld, U.S. Secretary of Defence

"As far as I'm concerned, war always means failure." Jacques Chirac, President of France
"As far as France is concerned, you're right." Rush Limbaugh

"They've taken their own precautions against al-Qa'ida. To prepare for an attack, each Frenchman is urged to keep duct tape, a white flag, and a three-day supply of mistresses in the house." Argus Hamilton

"Somebody was telling me about the French Army rifle that was being advertised on eBay the other day -- the description was, 'Never shot. Dropped once.'" Rep. Roy Blunt (MO)

"The French will only agree to go to war when we've proven we've found truffles in Iraq." Dennis Miller

"What do you expect from a culture and a nation that exerted more of its national will fighting against DisneyWorld and Big Macs than the Nazis?" Dennis Miller

"You know why the French don't want to bomb Saddam Hussein? Because he hates Americans, he loves mistresses and wears a beret. He is French, people!" Conan O'Brien

"I don't know why people are surprised the French don't want to help us get Saddam out of Iraq. After all, France wouldn't help us get the Germans out of France." Jay Leno

Q. What did the mayor of Paris say to the German Army as they Entered the city in WWII?
A. Table for 100,000 monsieur?
"The last time the French asked for 'more proof' it came marching into Paris under a German flag." David Letterman

"Do you know how many Frenchmen it takes to defend Paris? It's not known, it's never been tried." Rep. R. Blount (MO)

"Do you know it only took Germany three days to conquer France in WWII? And that's because it was raining." John Xereas, Manager, DC Improv.

"It is important to remember that the French have always been there when they needed us." Alan Kent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:41 am 

where's the phrase "cheese eating surrender monkeys" from? i saw it in newsweek this week, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:07 am 

DJ Riko wrote:
where's the phrase "cheese eating surrender monkeys" from? i saw it in newsweek this week, too.

The Simpsons

It made an appearance in The Daily Telegraph this week (very serious, quite right-wing - but not by American standards - newspaper).

Quote:
Re: Know your trivia
Date: 23 March 2003
Jenny McCartney repeats the calumny that it was Bart Simpson, of the television series The Simpsons, who slurred the French as "cheese-eating surrender monkeys" (Opinion, March 16).
It was in fact Mr MacGregor , the school janitor [Groundskeeper Willy, for those of you who know your Simpsons], when called on by Principal Skinner to stand in as French teacher during an economy drive.
Keith Chambers, Basingstoke, Hampshire

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:17 am 

cheese eating surrender monkeys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:34 am 

goldfish wrote:
DJ Riko wrote:

The Simpsons

It made an appearance in The Daily Telegraph this week (very serious, quite right-wing - but not by American standards - newspaper).

Quote:
Re: Know your trivia
Date: 23 March 2003
Jenny McCartney repeats the calumny that it was Bart Simpson, of the television series The Simpsons, who slurred the French as "cheese-eating surrender monkeys" (Opinion, March 16).
It was in fact Mr MacGregor , the school janitor [Groundskeeper Willy, for those of you who know your Simpsons], when called on by Principal Skinner to stand in as French teacher during an economy drive.
Keith Chambers, Basingstoke, Hampshire

the Simpsons? damn, i shoulda known that. don't tell my girlf; she'll be very disappointed in me.

not to look even less like a Simpsons fan, but ... Mr. MacGregor? don't know that i've ever heard that was Willy's last name.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ]