It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:16 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: 24 Season 2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:06 pm 
Site Admin

There hasn't been much worth watching on telly lately, but the first couple of episodes of this were shown here last night and already I'm hooked again :lol:

It's been going for a while now overseas hasn't it, has anyone been watching? Has it managed to keep up the pace? (no plot spoilers though please!)

Post subject: Re: 24 Season 2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:14 pm 

theavalanchesdotcom wrote:
It's been going for a while now overseas hasn't it, has anyone been watching? Has it managed to keep up the pace? (no plot spoilers though please!)

dont start in uk till next sunday 16th feb... woohoooo,,,, cant wait

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:16 pm 

There´s a second season?
we´re only half way trou the first 8O :oops:
Stupid swedish television

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:16 am 

Yeah it's been running here since Nov or Dec I believe. It took like a month break through most of Jan and just came back on a week ago. It's pretty crazy, although I must admit, as I watched Season 1, I do not watch Season 2. Its up against Smallville on the WB which for some reason I really enjoy. I caught a few of the episodes, and this one seems to be alot farther from realism than the first season.

I mean the whole wife being kidnapped, then amneisa, it got a little to far out beyond coincidence and reality. This season just seems ridiculous at points. But yeah... rule 1, dont fuck with Jack Bauer. After what happened to him last season, he's lost the control/restraint of a sane man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:14 am 

i watched all of season one but wished i hadn't bothered in the end

what started off really promising just went downhill as the series progressed and more and more far-fertched events took place

don't know if i can handle another 24 episodes to be honest...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:25 am 
Site Admin

adrocknaphobia wrote:
But yeah... rule 1, dont fuck with Jack Bauer. After what happened to him last season, he's lost the control/restraint of a sane man.

i know! i think i prefer crazy, unhinged jack bauer to the sane one too :wink:

question 1: is the curly, dark-haired girl that works in the division watchyamacallit' the one from roseanne?

question 2: why do all the blonde chicks look almost the same? not that i'm complaining or anything (:D), but it's kinda freaky that they all look similiar ya know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 12:51 pm 

You got it - Sarah Gilbert (aka Darlene) is the computer genius, whose character has just got to have hidden depths or some pivotal role.

I agree with all the blondes as well - was struggling to work out who was who in the zoo for a while in the first two episodes of series 2.

I'll confess to being hooked again, even though I agree with previous posters that the continuity etc did stetch the credibility. But hey, it's a TV show . . .

Funny thing was, during the first series, my better half and I were away for two weeks on a TV-less holiday and we missed probably six episodes (when they were showing two a week). We picked it up pretty well without a hitch when we resumed viewing.

Happy viewing.

PS and while we're on tele matters, anyone out there a fan of The League of Gentlemen? It's got such a delicious sense of the grotesque that I can't help giving up a Friday night to catch it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:55 pm 

mcsteveg wrote:
Funny thing was, during the first series, my better half and I were away for two weeks on a TV-less holiday and we missed probably six episodes (when they were showing two a week). We picked it up pretty well without a hitch when we resumed viewing.

you missed 6hrs & didnt notice??? crikey 8O

mcsteveg wrote:
PS and while we're on tele matters, anyone out there a fan of The League of Gentlemen? It's got such a delicious sense of the grotesque that I can't help giving up a Friday night to catch it.

da league rools 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 4:56 pm 

Did I miss something important? . . . :lol:

Well you know. That internet thingy can be very helpful in catching up on missed TV shows! (Not the same as watching it, but at least you get the gist of it anyway).

Anyway, when I finally win the silent battle of wills* in my household and we get a DVD player, we can watch it all again and see if it makes any difference!

* (I'm aiming to win by the time the Lord of the Rings is out as a DVD box set . . . they say good things come to those who wait :roll: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:31 pm 

i've got a dvd of the two towers coming next week - can barely wait !!

just had to share that tangent :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:01 am 

if it's the same one i've seen it's a really good copy - just has the words 'for your consideration' popping up every 15 mins...

still if you haven't already seen it i'd go & watch it in the cinema first...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:08 am 

yeah it's the old oscar viewing version! I've seen it twice already (has to be done at the cinema) but always nice to have on hand at home!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:28 am 

wee snow drift wrote:
yeah it's the old oscar viewing version! I've seen it twice already (has to be done at the cinema) but always nice to have on hand at home!

i agree :)

and i'll still be buying the extended 4 disc version when that comes out later in the year...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:29 am 

i've got that academy version...

i was watching it, and the "for your consideration" came up just after some elvish...and my bro who had just walked into the room at that scene was going "what the fuck...why did she say that", thinking it was a continuation of the subtitles...

i had it for more than a month before i saw it at the cinema, before it was even out in aus...but i had to wait to watch it in the cinema first of course...

New Topic Post Reply  [ 14 posts ]