[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
www.theavalanches.com • View topic - Mac Users?
The Avalanches

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:27 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mac Users?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 3:58 pm 

Anyone else a Mac users or am I a loner?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 8:46 pm 

nah me & goldfish are both on macs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 8:51 pm 

I cross to the dark side at work, but am planning on working from home a bit more to get more use out of my shiny new eMac...

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 4:31 am 

nice to know, what do you guys use for mp3 search?
I use xnap, works the best compared to the other crap, still trying to download gimix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 6:24 am 

aviron3 wrote:
nice to know, what do you guys use for mp3 search?
I use xnap, works the best compared to the other crap, still trying to download gimix

You can get it here...

I use Soulseek through Virtual PC mainly.... it's a bit flakey, especially on OSX, but it works.... :)

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 5:15 am 

I used winmx and stuff through vpc, but i hate having it open

but this place got me what i was looking for http://music.annular.org/ just right click save as

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 6:12 am 

Heh,

Yeah, I don't know who found that site originally, but it was posted on dirty.org, so I copied it here.... not so good for those of us on dial-up, but great on the work T1.... ;)

I'm just trying to set up Apache web serving on OSX, and it's not going well.... all this Command Line stuff doesn't sit well with me, as a Mac User....

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:16 pm 

http://www.webexpo.no is a good bbs for mac stuff, some program's hotline sites, help, etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 6:09 pm 

Did any of you have trouble getting Soulseek to work through VPC? Every time I try to use it, the bugger freezes on me.

Don't worry too much about being a mac loner. Apparently I'm the only person doing one particular subject (with around 500 students enrolled in it) at my uni, that has a mac, and when I needed to do an assignment online, but couldn't, because they forgot to accomodate for those with only one mouse button. Oh the discrimination!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 6:11 pm 

Kids, never forget to check your post before sending! That last post of mine was disgracefull! Sorry all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 11:30 pm 

Did you know that G4s are illegal in most third world countries?
They are considered super-computers, and the goverments don't want that sort of power in the hands of the populace.

I think they are even illegal in China, although since they are pretty much becoming capitalists now, that restriction might have let up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:53 pm 

Hey, just wondering if anyone has discovered a decent mp3 search program for Macs yet??
There seems to be quite a few ordinary ones out there, either you need a hard drive full of tracks or the thing just doesn't work.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 4:26 pm 

Blue Harris wrote:
Hey, just wondering if anyone has discovered a decent mp3 search program for Macs yet??
There seems to be quite a few ordinary ones out there, either you need a hard drive full of tracks or the thing just doesn't work.

Cheers

As mentioned on the Music thread, my housemate has been using Acquisition to good effect, whereas I stick with Soulseek through VPC....

The freezes are natural, they just last longer on VPC than on a real PC.

Simon

New Topic Post Reply  [ 13 posts ]