It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:11 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: MP3 rules and regulations
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 8:14 pm 

I'm sick of people who download all the mp3 to a band... I have decided to set rules on mp3's and burnt CD's here they are spread them around and all the bands in the world will be better off!! Copy and paste them into a forward and forward them to all your friends!!!
1. You may recieve and/or burn a CD of a band you have heard of but arn't sure if you should buy it or not.
2. If 1 happens then you must never recieve an other burnt CD of that band again.
3. You may download 2 songs of a band that you have not heard. Anymore is a break of the rules.
4. You may download a song you cannot find or is not available on CD.
5. Any selling and/or giving away of burnt CD is wrong.
6. You cannot nag people about finding a MP3 if you are able to buy the CD
7. If you have heard the song you wish to download more then 3 times (in any place or time) and it is available to buy, you cannot download it.

Though i cannot inforce these rules, Karma will get you if you break them or don't spread them!!

Put them on all forums and forward to everyone!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:15 pm 

sorry fatboy but those rules are, to put it politely, a complete crock of shit

i bought a computer in may 2001 and since then have been happily downloading thousands of mp3s from audiogalaxy, winmx and soulseek. through these sites i've discovered lots of new artists that i really like. and during that time i've also on average been buying at least 1 or 2 albums each and every week. many of those albums are by artists that i first discovered through a p2p file sharing network.

i've also built up a huge collection of live recordings and dj mixes that aren't even available commercially to buy, another great advantage of the world of mp3s. i'm sure there's loads of people here who've got all those avalanches breezeblocks and gimix mixes for starters.

i would tell you to go away and read some articles like >> this one << but your post comes across as so indignant and puffed up of self importance i don't think there's much point...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 3:10 am 

yeah...im with matt...your rules are a complete load of crap.

well, not completely...but silly all the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 6:11 am 

Screw that.

ftp://www.adrocknaphobia.com
PM me for username and passowrd. (This is for aVs Fans only, i got my own bandwidth to think about)

Everyone is welcome to download whatever you want.

No rules, other than, if you feel like you've gotten a couple good tracks from my site, I'd appreciate if you upload something to share with everyone else. But then again, this is NOT a rule.

I just enjoy listening to new music is all. Is that a crime?

for legal and moral purposes:
I've spent a few hundered of my own dollars buying avalanches related items (concert tix, t-shirt club, vinyl, silu CD, posters, and finally stickers).
so this whole 'you download mp3s, and rob the artist" seems a bit dramatic if you ask me. Afterall, i never would have found the avalanches here in the US had I not been able to download SILU on Kazaa.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 6:14 am 

btw. those loads of people who download one or two tracks and never buy the album have a name. They are called teenagers. Most teenages cannot afford to buy shitloads of CDs. I mean mtv is marketing directly towards a part of the population that is strapped for cash. Maybe the RIAA should stop trying to bleed the children dry, then throw them in jail when they attian music THEY told them they needed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 12:37 am 

so according to your mighty rules i can receive a burnt cd (rule 1) but the giving of a burnt cd is wrong (rule 5) hmmm bit of a paradox there

oh well best ignore everything then

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 7:55 am 

news flash!!!

it is now illegal to use the internet. and restrictions have been placed on who is allowed to use a computer. a license must now be acquired to own a computer.

and by no means whatsoever are you allowed to listen to music with your ears.

that is all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:03 pm 

Listen that's great if you are finding new artists and buying albums but you don't get the point...It's the people who download the whole album and rip the cover and everything that pisses me off!! just as long as the band still gets full money reconciliation. Man i don't give a crpa if you download 12000000000000000000000 songs just as long as you still give the artist/s all the money they deserve and not ripping them off by "sharing" (more like steeling) there music man!!! These artists slog it out to make one record every year if there lucky and then bitchs get on the net and piss in there pockets. It's not on!!! just as long as the art is rewarded dude!!! that's all i ask!!

ohh and wee i meant that just giving it away to any old fool! any burning it again and again i mean i have had thing burnt for me, but i still bought the cd after and i still felt satisfied!! hope that cleared that up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 4:34 am 

nah man...i think you are the one who's missing the point...

yes, we all want the artists to get what they deserve, but making a bunch of stupid rules isnt going to achieve anything...except maybe if you are the riaa...and still, you'll be faced with fierce opposition...

anyway...can i just ask...if people dont share songs, how is anyone else meant to download them to find new artists? hmmm...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:20 am 

The system needs to change. Simple as that.
It's pretty ignorant of the RIAA to belive that this system would last forver. The Record industry, thanks to the birth of techonolgy, does not hold the value it used to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:29 pm 

adrocknaphobia wrote:
The system needs to change. Simple as that.
It's pretty ignorant of the RIAA to belive that this system would last forver. The Record industry, thanks to the birth of techonolgy, does not hold the value it used to.

fully.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 7:00 pm 

the latest:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news ... ment_x.htm

eat that record companies!!!

New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ]