It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:24 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: the blue room r.i.p.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:58 pm 

arse :x

i get back from a 3 week holiday in the states only to find out that radio fucking one has axed the blue room from their schedules :evil:

it was one of my favourite shows that i'd try & catch most weeks (quite easy with the listen again feature) and has introduced me to some great new music over the years

the new schedules are supposed to showcase a range of "broader content" and they've gone and replaced it with the fucking trophy twins :shock: how can that possibly be broader content than the eclectic mix of tunes rob da bank & chris coco used to play :?:

i notice they've also moved gilles peterson to a graveyard slot of 2am on a weeknight too :(

what a bunch of wankers...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:00 am 

i hate radio 1.

they are always very quick to brag about what they do for new music, whilst only really allowing free choice of music to a few djs who are on at ridiculous times.

the daytime playlist is truly shit, and they kill any decent song that makes it onto there by over-playing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:13 pm 

I was really surprised when I went to the UK at how shit Radio 1 was. After hearing some of the greatest sets of music on the Breezeblock, Blueroom, etc all through Radio 1 I thought that most of the music played would be alternative kind of stuff like TripleJ. How wrong I was. Its like Today FM, except they play a hit song once an hour.

The best radio station I found in Europe was actually in Austria - FM Feir (4). That station was awesome and a lot of the shows where in english.

Anyway thought I would add my thoughts.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ]