It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:46 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dexter UK Tour???
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:59 pm 

Hiya.

Is there another Dexter UK tour happening soon? If so we are being spoilt with 2 in as many years. Ive just got an email from good old ents24 saying he will be playing a gig in Liverpool on the 7th October. Anyone know anymore on this? Will he be coming down south? Or is it all viscous propaganda?

Cheers guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:55 pm 

He is also playing the Warehouse project in Manchester the same night. If anyone who can find out which hes playin first that would be great.

Last edited by the odg on Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:20 am 

does anyone know any other dates?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:28 pm 

London would be good this time... please. Please. PLEASE!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:55 am 

Apparently the advice is to keep an eye on www.djdexter.com.au

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:37 am 

Found out he's playing edinburgh on 4th october while i was up their for the festival...

now we just need a london/reading date! :)

Post subject: Dexter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:36 pm 

I saw Dexter on Saturday Night. The Club (Rocket) was completely pumping. It was a make-up show, because he had to cancel one a couple of weeks ago (much to my dismay). I believe he had been on for about 10 minutes when we arrived.

Anyway, I was a little surprised to hear him still using extended bits from his DJ sets back in the 2001 tour with The Avalanches! eg: the Toots+Maytals-thru-Jackson 5 section near the beginning. I of course loved it in any case.

Another familiar section was his mix up of "Forgot About Dre" (as heard in the "At Home 2" mp3 and various files, ask Swamp for info.) and that sounded insane.

Then he went into some old school hip hop - "Fight The Power", "Serial Killa", "We Ain't Goin Out Like That", "Me Myself and I" - then the track that is sampled in "Me Myself And I" . Gnarls Barkley were also in there somewhere.

He then took some way-out a dusty-as-hell traditional Indian sitar record and synced it up with some instrumental beats. I've seen him do that stuff before and the effect is always awesome - here's hoping it's something that goes on his album (if it ever comes out!)

And then, all of a sudden, he was off the decks. It certainly didn't feel like a 'headline' set, where it built up to a climax.. he just kinda got on the decks for a while, played some cool tunes and then vanished for someone else to take over. so that was a little bit of a downer.

Anyway, I hope theres something in this post for you UK folk to get excited about.

<edit> i put in some pic links but they didn't work. There are two pictures on this guy's blog, you'll have to scroll down though. The guy is a bit mental. http://spoz.blogspot.com/

Love Penny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:48 am 

the odg wrote:
He is also playing the Warehouse project in Manchester the same night.

the warehouse project izza freakin eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenormous 12 week music festival in manc on the site ov former boddingtons brewery, running from oct to dec. dex iz on 1st week on sat 7th oct

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:40 pm 

thanks for the report, penny. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:35 pm 

Yo penny

Was he supporting Kid Confucious when you saw him?? Dexter's supporting them here in perth this wknd and though I havent heard any of Kid Confuciuous's stuff, I'm contemplating on seeing dexter again. The last few times I've seen him dj solo and with shook daily, I too found myself predicting the following tracks, just like you mentioned, its totally awesome, but would be nice to see the set manipulated and changed a bit more...

then again i'd probably whinge and say oh it wasnt as good as his old sets :P so it was only say a 45min set?

New Topic Post Reply  [ 10 posts ]