It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:21 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: cheeky buggers
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:47 pm 

you know that (excellent) bit in the second breezeblock where it goes "shake what yr mother gave ya! shake it!"...

well, i was listening to herbert's 'let's all make mistakes' mix album this morning, and enjoying it very much too, when what should i hear? a track called 'shake it' by dj deeson being mixed into mr. oizo's 'm seq'. ring a bell?

the avalanches didn't credit dj deeson in their tracklist, either, just mr.oizo.

magpies! :)

i guess it's no different to using a bootleg...

Post subject: speaking of similarities
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:01 am 

that reminded me..

i picked up the new akufen single the other day in koobla & had a listen & was completely suprised to hear it sounded exactly like the coat check track off of the soft pink truth ep that the 'lanches played on their hijack slot on xfm last year

anyone else noticed/heard this?

Post subject: yes wee snow drift, i edit out of respect for my readers :P
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:20 am 

what's the new akufen single called?

haha... i had a listen to the hijack selection again, and right after the akufen-ish track (you're right, it is very akufen-ish... i don't think i've heard the new single though) they play the bit i was talking about, but this time they don't even mention mr. oizo... "this is just me and dexta jamming at home"

Post subject: you were just confusing me with changing posts!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:11 am 

can't remember what the akufen track was (i'll check when i get home) - but it's only been realeased over here recently & it has a herbert mix on it

whereas the soft pink truth ep (drew daniels of matmos) is on the herbert soundslike label & was released quite a while back....

Last edited by JamesR on Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 12:21 am 

Shake what ya mamma gave ya? Sounds like the sample used on Fatboy Slim's Ya Mama... is it, cos I haven't heard the mix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 12:36 am 

i really can't remember the name & couldn't find it last night - didn't remind me of any fat boy slim stuff tho....

argggggggh have just lost most of the preferences on my mac - i am not happy :x

Post subject: shake it
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:36 am 

8O
simon will know what it is - he included that song in a bunch of stuff he copied for me, but being simon he never bothered writing down the name of anything so I can't tell you even though i've got it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:42 am 

nah i mentioned it & played the soft pink track to him on friday & he didn't recognise it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:01 am 

wee snow drift wrote:
nah i mentioned it & played the soft pink track to him on friday & he didn't recognise it!

I think must be different, because the 'Shake What Ya Mama Gave Ya' is very FBS... I can't remember what it's called either, but it's on Break From the Norm... I'll check when I get home...

Brain fade... I now have two monitors, and it's causing me trauma... I don't know which way to look for what... and Emma, I have loads of sympathy for the 'Preferences' nightmare... my sister trashed the Preferences, and Applications folders once, when I had Oscar the Grouch singing in my wastebasket... we soon got rid of that... :evil:

Simon

New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ]