It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:05 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: The New Album
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:10 am 

Ok guys, heres my question. Im a massive 'lanches fan and am very concerned about the next release. I mean from what I can see, DJ Dexter has always been the main driving force behind the band, the brains if you will. Does anyone know his involvement level on the next album?

Post subject: Re: The New Album
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:10 pm 

Lotus wrote:
Ok guys, heres my question. Im a massive 'lanches fan and am very concerned about the next release. I mean from what I can see, DJ Dexter has always been the main driving force behind the band, the brains if you will. Does anyone know his involvement level on the next album?

I love Dexter, but I've never seen anything that suggests that he was anything like the main driving force, which has always been Robbie and Darren.

The other members of the band, Dexter included, have always been more about the live experience than the recording, which is almost solely Robbie and Darren's work (hence the Bobbydazzler production tag).

The new album may be great, it may be shit, but it'll still be the work of the same people who did Since I Left You.

Simon

Post subject: Re: The New Album
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:39 pm 

goldfish wrote:
Lotus wrote:

I love Dexter, but I've never seen anything that suggests that he was anything like the main driving force, which has always been Robbie and Darren.

The other members of the band, Dexter included, have always been more about the live experience than the recording, which is almost solely Robbie and Darren's work (hence the Bobbydazzler production tag).

The new album may be great, it may be shit, but it'll still be the work of the same people who did Since I Left You.

Simon

Yeah dude you are totally right, after doing research on the net about the band (reading interviews etc) its clear that dexter wasnt as big o' part of the band as i thought! sorry gawsh im such a noob ha! Ah well, damn Im pumped for the next release, hopefully its a 2006 release eh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:28 am 

Ok, so Dexter and James laid the turntable work....BobbyDazzler & Tony seem to be the core...who is the sixth bloke and whats his contribution?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:46 am 

Dexta obviously did all the scratching on "Fronteir Psychiatrist" and also helped to create the GIMIX mix (some bits were based on his DJ set at the time.)

James did scratching on the original "Electricity" EP. That's the extent of their recorded contributions, the rest was all in the live band.

Sixth person was Gordon McQuilten who left the band shortly after the Australian tour of early 2001...

Therefore Avalanches = Robbie Tony and Darren.

Does anyone think writing an faq is a good idea?

Love Penny

Post subject: New Album Interview
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:28 am 

I found this Interview where the Avalanches talk about their next album.
The interview was conducted in February 2005 and promotes the first St Jerome's Laneway Festival. Darren explains the BRAINS show the band will be putting on.

Hear it right from the horse's mouth - they discuss the 'ambient' album which has now largely given way to a more party-orientated sound. They talk about members leaving. It's also the first interview I've heard where Robbie, Darren, AND Tony speak about their work.

Hopefully it lays to rest any lingering fears :D

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/2004/inte ... anches.mp3

-PENNY

ps: Simon, I didn't understand the quip about 'eggy' ? were you not a fan of him ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:45 pm 

Im really anticipating this album :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:40 pm 

It's nice to finally hear something about the new album. I still want some more update sounds to listen to while I wait though :cry:

I suppose I must just be happy that they have updated us finally :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:08 am 

thanks for that link, Penny. much appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:08 pm 

yeah thanx penny.

Avalanches was mention on swedish telivision about the pop scene in Melbourne. interviews with cut copy, Architecture in Helsinki
and others.

http://www.svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=32481
and press the link "Se hela programmet om Melbourne"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:19 am 

Thanks for the link Eddie. Didn't know you could see Musikbyrån on webtv that easy. I'm from Norway but we have stv where i live and i always try to watch Musikbyrån.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:57 am 

In the one that says

Bonusklipp: Cut Copy om The Avalanches

they talk about how they have been working on a new record for such along time, and that they have probably made about 3 records already and just scrapped them. They also mention that they are working an a horrormovie!

New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ]