It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:10 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Who did i meet?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:35 pm 

Hey, does anyone know if any of the avalanches look at this board? if so, and one of them is reading this post, heres my question: i was at the verison wireless amitheater show on august 13th for Area 2. i noticed only 2 "avalanches" performing yet i look at the galleries on this page and there are a lot more than just 2, and i dont recognize any of them as the 2 that i saw. can anyone clear this one up for me? Oh, and myself and a friend approaced one of them after their set (i think tiesto was on stage, which was why i was leaving) and we talked a tiny bit, who was that? thanks all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 1:04 am 

that would have been Robbie and Dexter, the live side of the band, as you can imagine its a bit difficult to recreate the sound of the album live, so live avalanches are DJ sets these days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 12:15 am 

I've noticed that Robbie & Dexter always do the live mixing... don't the others DJ?

Post subject: THATS IT THATS IT THATS IT
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 1:01 am 

Hej all :wink: Glad to be back finally, joining my friends simon, clint, etc etc and as always Min chippie :D heh. okay enough sillyness.

To clear confusion, The Avalanches DO play live. but they haven't recently due to the whole leg thing, and personally i think they like that excuse.

Robbie and Dex are the ones touring with fellow Avalanche James De La Crux in the supportive roll.

Darren also djs a bit, he's been practising at home under the name "DJ Mozart" and mixing only classical records.
"It always sounds good until i do it in front of people and then it turns to shit," he said in the Adelaide Advertiser.

I doubt Tony djs because at last count he didn't even own a record player :!:

So, don't feel ripped off that you only got 'two avalanches' or 'some crap dj instead of the band' - they were representatin' for a good cause, alright? :wink:

-Cap't

p.s. i realise that at soem events in the US, they actually WERE replaced by some crap djs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 1:09 am 

I hope i wasnt at one of the venues where they got replaced, i would be supremely pissed off! does anyone know if Area 2 was lagit? The ticket was a gift to me but i would still like to talk to the promotion company if they jacked us. those tickets were like $200 !!!!!!! thanks again all

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ]