It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:59 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Avalanches NOT going to SouthBySouthWest
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:35 pm 

I just found out today that the Avalanches have declined their invitation to the SXSW Festival in Austin, Texas. Their record label registered them in the event that they might be ready in time for it this March, however the band will not be playing!

I'm sorry to anyone who might have purchased tickets or made travel arrangements to go see them play based on an earlier post by me. It was reported in the Oz press that The Avalanches were one of the forty Australian and New Zealand acts that had been selected to showcase at the SXSW music conference and in the excitement I assumed that this meant the band was getting close to a release date!

back to square one :cry:

kidkatana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:32 am 

As probably the biggest Avs fan in the American southeast, and one who was ready to take his own precious, hard earned yearly vacation just to travel 10 hours to catch this show, I can truly say this SUCKS.
I will also say that any news on behalf of this band and this website would be nice and that I am often disappointed in either's lack of output. Thank goodness for this forum and the cool people on it who at least attempt to keep us all plugged in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:06 pm 

cozmo78 wrote:
As probably the biggest Avs fan in the American southeast, and one who was ready to take his own precious, hard earned yearly vacation just to travel 10 hours to catch this show, I can truly say this SUCKS.
I will also say that any news on behalf of this band and this website would be nice and that I am often disappointed in either's lack of output. Thank goodness for this forum and the cool people on it who at least attempt to keep us all plugged in.

Im from Kentucky, dont act like no one in the south listens to music. (thought im in the top of the south)

Post subject: there will be one Avalanches fan in Austin
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:03 am 

there will be at least one Avalanches fan in Austin...as I've already booked my flight & a friend who works for a Texas radio station is promising me the hookup for access to parties, etc 8)

I share in the disappointment with others here. To those of us in the US, The Avs continue to be this wonderful mystery that few have actually seen. I'll file back with a report regardless.

Looking forward to seeing:
Hot Chip, Spank Rock, Talib Kweli, Annie, Goldfrapp, Jean Grae, Gogol Bordello, The Go! Team & Lady Sovereign

New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ]