It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:15 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Avalanches got totally owned at Jamiroquai
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:05 pm 

A very dissapointing evening and a mediocre set from The Avalanches. Nobody was particularly getting into them at all, except themselves. About an hour into their allocated two hour set, the crowd was getting restless and somebody towards the front held up a picture of Jay Kay from the tour program. The crowd went wild. The Avalanches looked up like "wtf did we do, why is everyone cheering all of a sudden?", and realised they'd been upstaged by a piece of paper. This happened two or three more times. At the beginning of the show, we were all given free sample packets of Mentos Sour (which taste awful btw). Several people in the crowd began to throw their Mentos at the Avalanches, some of them bouncing off the turntable decks. Amongst this and chants of "Jay Kay, Jay Kay" the Avalanches looked at each other, shrugged, put on a record that went "Saturday, in the park..." and walked off in shame, 70min or so into their allocated 2hours. Really pathetic. Jamiroquai wasn't much better either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:57 pm 

That doesn't sound good.
Were the avalanches so bad or did the crowd have sand in their vagina?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:03 am 

Nice Guy Eddie wrote:
That doesn't sound good.
Were the avalanches so bad or did the crowd have sand in their vagina?

Bit of both, really. I've never seen the Avalanches live before, I was hoping they'd throw in some of their classic material; say, something from Cornerstone, or the Matchpoint of Our Love/Star Guitar mashup from the At Home sessions. But it was all dodgy new material that probably would've been alright to listen to, but not when you've been standing up for five hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:19 am 

Funny choice for a support DJ set for someone as unutterably shite as Jamiroquai, and an odd choice for The Avalanches to do it; guess they need the cash.

JK fans aren't exactly what you'd call arbiters of good taste are they? I'd be surprised if most of 'em could find their arseholes with a flashlight in a darkened room.

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:35 am 

goldfish wrote:
Funny choice for a support DJ set for someone as unutterably shite as Jamiroquai, and an odd choice for The Avalanches to do it; guess they need the cash.

JK fans aren't exactly what you'd call arbiters of good taste are they? I'd be surprised if most of 'em could find their arseholes with a flashlight in a darkened room.

Simon

easy on the arrogance, dude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:38 am 

I was also there and I can say it's true that the Lanches' were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time, their main fault is that they were pretty much ignoring the audience the whole time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:20 am 

Sounds like a c*nt of a crowd to me. What kind of animal's throw stuff at a live act. No respect at all. I heard tha Avs new DJ set a couple of weeks ago, and it rocked. I thought Jamiroquai fans would have more class than that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:23 pm 

I dont agree with throwing stuff at the Dj's, however, they were totally ignoring the audience the whole time, total arrogance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:00 pm 

personally im not a fan of Jamiroquai, but it saddens me to hear the The Avalanches weren't accept as well as they should have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:26 pm 

I'm sorry, but I'm a massive fan of the Avalanches, the fact you sad fanboys cant seem to fathom is that they just played a really awful set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:33 am 

we,fans of the avalanches,must refrain from a blinkered fetishism,of course even the avs can make average/poor live performances,though also true we got used to hear high quality stuff from them but as it's commonly thought:it can happens to the very best ones :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:49 am 

MC Survey wrote:
I'm sorry, but I'm a massive fan of the Avalanches, the fact you sad fanboys cant seem to fathom is that they just played a really awful set.

I might agree with you if I were able to have heard it myself. I have far more faith in the Avalanches than I do in Jamiraquai fans. I agree with goldfish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:04 pm 

I was there, the Avalanches didn't get owned at all... Sneaky Sound System were ok, Avalanches killed it! JK was great too. From where I was standing everyone loved them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:38 pm 

I must admit I was a little dissapointed at the last brians show with the lack of vinyl spinning. Mainly pre-programmed CDJ.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 14 posts ]