It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:59 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Differences
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:39 pm 

My original copy of since i left you was purchased when it first came out. It was then stolen last year from my car. I bought a new copy and it is different from the original. Suttle differences. Like the Jerry Lewis quote at the beginning of "radio" etc.

Does anyone know the story behind why they had to change it? Were people getting upset about the samples? Anyone know how i can get a copy of the original again?
I was depressed for a long time when i realised mine had been stolen. It easily had done the most hours of any cd in my collection. :cry:

Post subject: Re: Differences
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:14 am 

Slightly more lax sample clearance laws in Australia compared to the rest of the world (particularly UK/US I think).

Frontier Psychiatrist suffered more than most because I don't think it got clearance for the Wayne and Schuster bits.

I've got the album on vinyl, and it's nice to have, but I only really want to listen to the original.

What would be nice (I think I've asked for this before), would be for someone to do a 1-track rip (either high-quality MP3 or an ISO/equiv) for all of us poor unfortunates with the inferior second release.

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:57 pm 

If no one else has done it by December then I will (my laptop is in Hong Kong until then).

New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ]