It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:49 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: El Producto... wild...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:54 am 

Managed to dig up the EP through... certain pathways.

Anyways, it's pretty wild.

My personal take:

Opening- kinda loopy techno/synth robobreak... 27 sec.

Rolling High- jazzy piano into 808s and the piano gets angry (see: offkey w/ a purpose); chorus launches into outer space horror theme followed squiggling and smashing and a car braking hard; loop repeatedly; and rap/speaking I cannot decipher; weird way to start off, but not terrible; squiggling falls into soulful flute break around 2:20 and makes it worth the wait and fades out riding the funk

Rap Fever- happy jabber about robots, calculators, octopus legs, later joined by ferverent Flight-of-the-Bumblebee-like violins and a 4/4 hi-hat, some Mix Master Mike-like breakdown after first verse/chorus; more sci-fi supertalking and a muddy scratch pit-stop, and, lo and behold, everyone's favorite Parrot Scratch's original debut; some falsetto over more MMM with layered harmony, the violins kick back in and call it a day after the space lase bring them home

Rock City- hang on kids; lolloping flute loop runs for 8 bars, 2 more with a vocal snippets, some twang, and the time bomb goes off; the lyrics can be heard with thick drums and some creaky harmonies that don't clash but aren't perfect matches either; distinct Beastie Boys sample, "WEEEE!", some more car brakes; first morph is a is a electric guitar rock loop that gets twitchy and the harmony pieces still whirring along; bumps out, second morph into pompous giddy discard spy theme something-or-other; more "WEEEE!", and the third morph some opera wailing into opera wailing and a piano loop; chorus brings the track to snap twang comes to the forefront with some stuttered ohhhhs in the back

Under Inspection- spaghetti western showdown shifts into la-la-esque playground kindergarten nightmare; "Hey, I gotcha, under inspection" just as it settles as 1950's horror theme; break is some wikky-wikky with gentle strumming and background buzz with a lamenting "Why am I so sad?" sample; "Investigate the main ingredient as evidence, specialize El Producto experiments. Droppin' on me, droppin' in clubs, droppin' on me" with a robot chiming in with "____ ____ under inspection"; return to Mr. Sad and the playground before the la-las change harmonies into sugar-sweet with "I've lost that love before" female vox; Mr. Sad finishes up with his full statement rides the track out an a echoed scratch-out

Run DNA- IMO, best one; cheery organ and a drum loop keep along with some tweaky accompaniment and subtle guest pieces; flute loop comes in with female vox in likely some foreign language and warps into chorus of lazers, electronic buzzing, distorted woodwind, and what's in the backpack; keep structure until forefeiting the end to a sea shanty accordion

Closing- 85 second of a sorrowful, fuzzy, distorted string instrument and faded piano and drum pattern alongside to lead the funeral procession out

It's very different from the polished, happy, super-harmonies I used to associate with the later stuff, and I can't penetrate what is actually being said most of the time, but it's utilized in such a way that the words become perscussion and the constant shifts and dischord become and steady groove, and the spirit is all the same, even if it's went about a pretty different angle. It's still fun, it's still groovy, it's all just gone about through a different route. And I'm liking it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:50 pm 

Why they are named "El producto" why in spanish??? I am mexican, and I speak spanish, and "El producto" means "The product".

Bueno, mi ingles es muy limitado, asi que les dire en español que me encanta The Avalanches, y su añbum, Since I left you; es uno de los pocos discos que pongo de principio a fin, un par de dudas, no van a sacar algun nuevo album??? Yo espero que si. Y en que termino la demanda que interpuso Madonna por el Sample de una de sus canciones en el album referido???

I hope that you understanding me...

Saludos desde México!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:53 pm 

Ah... I forgett to tell your that I haven´t heard El producto, :P but I want to hear it... :D

Unfortunelly I can´t find El producto in Mexico :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:07 pm 

It's really hard to find, as only a few hundred were ever made. Supposedly some went for lots of money on ebay.

Your best shot would be a search on soulseek. you can download it from http://www.slsknet.org/

New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ]