It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:54 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Onyx - Slam Harder
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 5:57 am 

Yet another reccomendation from me (sorry if i'm annoying, but i finally found new good music!) check otu Onxy - Slam harder if you like light hiphop/rap. It reminds me of El Producto to a certain extent, in the sense they played a MASSIVE smaple at the start before using a filtered scetion of it in the main song. Quite cool!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 6:42 am 

The song truly rocks, I can't believe they had the stones to use the Kotter sample all throughout the song. Classic East Coasty hip-hop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 6:47 am 

Realy? I thought it was one of those Unidentified Flying Samples that curculate in pirate music so often..... are the pianos and the "welcome back" samples from different tunes or the same?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 7:54 am 

The opening is straight from the TV show and (as you mentioned) the pianos and vocals are just EQ'd samples of the same jingle. It's good to know that even Sticky Fingaz knows that Horshack rocks ass, gotta respect the classics 8)

Post subject: Re: Onyx - Slam Harder
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 12:25 pm 
SteveWardale wrote:
light hiphop/rap

ahahahaha. for some reason i find that really funny. i guess its a fitting title...

i think there are a number of songs that do the play-a-large-sample-at-the-start thing...i am drawing a blank right now, but im sure i know a few songs like that...

i havent made up my mind about the song yet. i've only had 2 listens, and i can imagine it would become annoying fast...but then, i am also not in the mood for it right now, so right now it is just irritating...

it reminds you of el producto?...hmmm...the only way it reminds me of el producto is if you mean the person El Producto...cause El-P is mighty fiendish...and i can only describe this song as fiendish, albiet in a different way...

you dont know welcome back kotter?...you gotta note? ;)

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ]