It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:10 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 11:18 pm 

Slight problem with buying from rough trade: one per customer!

Apparently they have a big pile but will not let anyone buy more than one so, sorry simon, but i've failed on my mission :( - best send someone else down there pronto!

Viv - providing I don't do a dj shadow and wait 'til all the tickets sell out before getting one myself, i'll also be at the forum for lemon jelly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 11:20 pm 

ahhh i read that on the website but wasn't sure if they were enforcing the same policy in the shop... i'll check it out later & see if i can find some kind souls to go up to the counter for me to get extra copies!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 11:53 pm 

Thanks Wheels, not to worry... :)

Emma, if you don't have any joy, let me know, and I'll skip over there after work....

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 11:57 pm 

simon are you on your (mums :wink: ) mobile? if so i'll call you to let you know how the dealings go!

Post subject: lemon jelly breezeblock
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 7:35 pm 

so did anyone manage to tape the breezeblock set lastnight & fany doing the honours for me?? i completely forgot (yet again) :x

although i am very pleased with the lovely leather 10" spacewalk - even if i haven't managed to listen to it yet!
rough trade are definiely doing a one copy each policy & I got the last copy from the covent garden branch but if anyone else is after a copy they are getting some more in.... & there's always ladbroke grove branch, online or honest jon's in portobello usually stocks lemon jelly releases

& for those in london I discovered the joys of fopp last night - it's soooo cheap get yourself downthere quick - most chart albums are between £7 - £10 (even on vinyl) loads of classics for £5 & most 12" singles around £3 i was in there for 2 hours without realising - it's a tardis of a record shop!

Post subject: Re: lemon jelly breezeblock
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 9:09 pm 

wee snow drift wrote:
so did anyone manage to tape the breezeblock set lastnight & fany doing the honours for me?? i completely forgot (yet again) :x

Yup, I got it.... I'll probably burn a CD tonight sometime, and bring it along on Friday... swop you for a piece of sofa for the night, if you're not already deluged with mates....

wee snow drift wrote:
& for those in london I discovered the joys of fopp last night - it's soooo cheap get yourself downthere quick - most chart albums are between £7 - £10 (even on vinyl) loads of classics for £5 & most 12" singles around £3 i was in there for 2 hours without realising - it's a tardis of a record shop!

Oooh.... where is this Aladdin's CAve....?

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 9:28 pm 

cd for a sofa sounds good to me :D tho be warned it' a short sofa!!

fopp's on cambridge circus - on the corner of earlham st (between leicester sq & covent garden)
they also have a 'suck it & see' policy where you have 2 weeks to try something out - if it sucks you can either swop it or get your money back :P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 1:19 am 

wee snow drift wrote:

ahhh fopp.... :D what a great shop. we've had fopp's up here (glasgow) for years. pretty much the only shop you'll ever need for music, books and dvds. i take it yr talking about the newly opened store? one of my pals (an architecture student (same as me) ) got to work on the design of it.
unfortunately he didn't get any free stuff... :roll: :wink:

check out their website. it's cool too...
http://www.fopp.co.uk

Post subject: fopp
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 1:37 am 

ai that's the one - well the only fopp store in London!

"one of my pals (an architecture student (same as me) ) got to work on the design of it. unfortunately he didn't get any free stuff... "

now that doesn't surprise me somehow!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 1:46 am 

fopp's a dangerous shop tho...because everything's cheap you end up buying more than than you intended to when you go in... :wink:

that, and the fact it's on my route to uni... :wink:

Post subject: foppppp
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 2:06 am 

yeah i did buy about 10 albums on vinyl last night (but they were only about £5, & classic albums - marvin gaye, gil scott heron, issac hayes - I'm nevber gonna be able to get them that cheap again - how was i supposed to resist??) i'm probably lucky that it's situated somewhere where it would have to be a specific visit & i'm not going to accidently wander past that often!
hmm or maybe that's unlucky :?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 2:20 am 

i seriously love the nottingham branch of fopp. i spend a fortune in there...i start to feel guilty about how much i am buying and then i realise that it would be criminal to pass up on some of the bargains that they have.

my buying started off quite slowly, but in the last two weeks i think i have spent probably just under a hundred quid in there (which is a lot...i haven't started my new job yet...)

i'm feeling quite relieved that they don't stock 12" singles...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 3:11 am 

aye. fopp is class. it's taking all my money...but it's still class. :wink:

New Topic Post Reply  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2