It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:38 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: home studio
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 4:27 pm 

i just took a quick look at the bobbydazzler studio section to check out what's what but it's a long list of names and isn't really much use to me cos basically i'm just mucking around with soundforge at this stage. i'm thinking of investing in a synthesizer. i know NOTHING.

i went to billy hydes today and had a look at keyboards... the guy was trying to sell me this outdated korg synth - i'm sure if i put the time in with it and edited my own sounds it could work, but theres something v attractive (and expensive) about synths that come with their own cool sounds.

does anyone here have a synth/know any good ones/know any good sites for learning/looking at this sort of stuff?

Post subject: Re: home studio
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 6:13 pm 

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :D

Where ya bin?

'Fraid m experience of synths is of the Minimoog/ARP vintage, and probably not a great deal of help to someone who can play keyboards with 2 fingers (or more)....

I know there are a few people with a keen interest in this sort of thing at Dirty, so might be worth checking them out. Generally though I'm guessing that so long as you can connect it to your 'pooter, you'll probably be able to add sounds that way, as well as sequence/etc. AND record stuff...

Anyway, nice to see you... have you found a new board to hang out at, or simply v. busy atm?

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 8:25 am 

maybe checkout vintagesynth.com, they've got write-ups on a lot of synths, both old and new, samplers and so on. i'd lean towards a decent vintage analog synth, so you can create your sounds hands-on with knobs and sliders and so on, rather than a newer digital type. you can usually score some decent analog rolands for less than a grand in second hand shops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 7:58 am 

a friend of mine has an old roland from the 70's and that thing sounds soooooo sweet, i recomend a vintage synth anytime! we jam with it a lot more than his $1200US 'new' synth (which is really nice but not as much fun when jammin'). but if you arent going to have a bunch of people jamin' with you and going to be doing your stuff on a comp then go for the new stuff

just a thought

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 12:57 am 

thanks kids!
siiiiiiimon (hehe made you look like an ad exec)
i have indeed been quite busy lately with uni + work + stuff, but i'm still around on the net! i'm afraid ive been pretty comprehensively absorbed into ilxor.com tho.
ive also been posting on the spizzazzz blog (under the name toffee brown :D
http://spizzazzz.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 4:20 am 

Re: Toffee Brown, Avril Lavigne and The Corrs.

Your sister is Wednesday Adams in a nice way, and there's no reason for her to mixed up with those other ruffians. Does she still have her socks?

Ilxor is a board where you actually have to think about your posts before hitting 'submit' which takes some of the fun out of it for me, I have to say.... ;)

Simon

[Edit]Kym Marsh was, I think, in our first 'Pop Stars' band, and is now shacked up with/married to a former 'Stenders "star"... I vote we stick them in "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here 3 (now without TV cameras)".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 8:57 pm 

minna, where have you been? i still got your damn cd. i told you to get it off me! you still at uni?

and have you heard Monsta Insland Czars? they are down with MF Doom and shit...thought you might like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 12:05 pm 

hey pat! yeah i'm still around at uni. i'm (obviously) in no hurry to get can-ox back but yeah i spose i'll have to pick it up sooner or later :)
i know the m.i.c.... they're ok. a bit too much like a lacklustre wu-tang or mobb deep tho.

simon, nellie loves her socks and ive been known to try them out too. wednesday adams? haha i'll get back to you on that one. as for ilxor, i wouldn't be too intimidated! yeah there's simon reynolds sacha frere jones chuck eddy and all those hyperacademic/journo ppl, but there are also millions of lists, silly posts... you don't have to think unless you want to :D i see scott warner and tyler & duckie from dirty still pop up from time to time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:08 pm 

or else i could just keep it...:P

nah, im thinking i might actually pick up a copy of it. i love the cd so much, and even tho i have it on vinyl, i may as well buy the cd just to have it...i love that album.

aha yeah...MIC a lacklustre wu-tang...hehe. they got nice beats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:55 pm 

pat if you're serious about picking up a copy howsabout buying mine as part of the krazy minna's used cd sale!! free shipping of course!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:59 pm 

p.s. if you check spizzazzz again you'll see i just posted my kelly rowland feature 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:59 am 

that sounds like a plan.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ]