It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:24 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: coachella pics
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 11:53 pm 

if anyone's interested, i put a bunch of my coachella pics in a folder in my soulseek shares.

i just had my little digital camera, but some of the shots turned out pretty cool. went without flash on most, and some of the dance tent pics have some cool lights/glowsticks motion going on.

also included are brief video clips of groove armada and underworld. the audio is crap -- choppy as heck and doesn't begin to do justice -- but hey, don't cost nothin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:12 am 

i've uploaded a bunch to my yahoo briefcase, for easier viewing.

http://photos.yahoo.com/gazercmh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 6:52 am 

Nice pics mate (sorry, I just couldn't be arsed with downloading them through Soulseek... ;) ). I see you got the fuck off great big green laser in the Underworld story... me and Mr Dazzla experienced that at Brixton.... 8O :D

How were t'Spree?

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 7:40 am 

glad you like the pics. yahoo compressed them a bit, so if you want to see any in better resolution, there's still the soulseek option.

as for the spree, they were my favorite of the whole festival. they were just amazing. I like their record a lot, but live they played with much more energy and emotion, and songs were uptempo, upbeat and powerfully a-rockin'.

They played on the big outdoor stage, and it was just the perfect setting for them. After the 22 or so members -- guitars, upright bass, drums, keys, theremin, french horn, trombone, percussionist, pedal steel, choir, etc. -- filed onto the stage in their white robes, the lead guy looked around at the palm trees and mountains surrounding the field and said (paraphrase), "This could not be a better situation for us, and we're really happy that you're able to share in it." Then they launched into a set that was so blissfull and beautiful that i'll never forget it. i've never seen so many people who were so fully into what they were doing. it actually moved me to tears -- and I'm no crybaby.

I'll go see them again when I get a chance, and will recommend them to anyone who'll listen, but I don't think it could match that beautiful day.

by the way, i had my first in-person homebaser meet-up there, with our man Crip. of course, i still have a long way to go to come anywhere close to your record, simon :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:11 am 

DJ Riko wrote:
i still have a long way to go to come anywhere close to your record, simon :)

In so many ways..... ;)

We're all off to see the Spree on July 4th, which should be good....

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 11:33 am 

Lucky buggers! They are high on my hit list of acts that I want to see live.

As my chances of overseas travel recede for this year, I guess my best shot is if they decide to come to Oz.

I know a few folks who are holding out hope that the Spree will make their way down under this year and personally, I reckon the Festival cricuit is about our only chance.

They would definitely fit into the Livid Festival vibe here in Bris Vegas (I'm biased I know) but maybe the Big Day Out are the only ones who have the sort of bucks needed to bring out a 20-something strong group.

Hope springs eternal.

BTW Riko, nice work with the pics. Coachella looks like it would have been a good bash to get along to.

Post subject: Catch The Spree
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 5:06 am 

Riko's right on! I'm off to see The Spree on the 31st of this month at the salty Stubb's BBQ in Austin, TX.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ]