It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:48 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:44 pm 

i think nero lets u add queue points without having to split the actual file :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:43 am 

try MPEG Audio Scissors from TFM Group

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:54 am 

I use Nero at work. It sucks copious arse, and takes 6 times as long to burn a CD as my Mac does with Toast at home....

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 2:19 am 

shhhh careful simon you'll start up that wee little argument again :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:01 am 

I'll get around that by pointing out that my shagging mouse has died, so I'm stuck trying to control my computer using Romeo and my Bluetooth phone............... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:13 am 

goldfish wrote:
I use Nero at work. It sucks copious arse, and takes 6 times as long to burn a CD as my Mac does with Toast at home....

Simon

bah fucking humbug :P ;)

ooh - simon moaning about pcs compared to macs <shockhorrorsmiley>

i've got nero on my machine and have never ever had any problems with it - it lets me split mixes into individual tracks whilst still playing as a continuous mix, add cd text, normalize, fade out and in etc etc

and not once have i had burn errors

what make of cd-r's are you using balloonman and how powerful is your pc as i think it does need a lot of processing power.. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 6:32 am 

i dont think i have once ever burned a bum disc...its weird...everyone talking about how they get coasters, but i never once had a coaster except when i fucked up myself, by trying to copy a cd that was fucked/scratched.

and i use nero.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 3:46 am 

jeah, coasters aren't neros fault. usually as a result of your actual cd-burner. Most commonly buffer-underrun. Which mean your computer cant give the burner the information it needs fast enough. Which can be a number of a million things. The rule is... if you have a cd burning program that works... don't fuck with it. I use Toaster on the mac which has given me headaches with certain drive, but is currently the mother fucking champ on my new burner. on PC i've stuck with Easy CD.. but again, certain drives have given me headaches.

Honestly though, NeRo is the best in terms of functionality. If you want to use it but cant get it to work, go and buy a brand new burner that is packaged with Nero. They are so cheap now, you'll get the software you want, and no doubt a faster burner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 10:57 am 

groovypanda wrote:

Scroo yoo welshy... :wink:

Apple just shipped me a new replacement mouse for my 9 month old faulty one.... et's see one of those nasty PeeCee companies do that for you.... :p

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 7:36 am 

goldfish wrote:
groovypanda wrote:

Scroo yoo welshy... :wink:

Apple just shipped me a new replacement mouse for my 9 month old faulty one.... et's see one of those nasty PeeCee companies do that for you.... :p

Simon

yeh damn as if we'd buy any of the 1001 different input devices we can choose (usually with like 3 buttons and scroller at least) that ship with a 12 month warranty lol lol lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 7:39 am 

adrocknaphobia wrote:
Honestly though, NeRo is the best in terms of functionality. If you want to use it but cant get it to work, go and buy a brand new burner that is packaged with Nero. They are so cheap now, you'll get the software you want, and no doubt a faster burner.

hear hear nero is the one and yeh new super fast burners u can buy for almost peanuts nowadays

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 8:01 am 

i hate to even think boutz dis stuff, cos it alwayz brings back dark, horror-filled memories & frustrations forcefully buried deep in me subconscious

nero has never werked fer me thru win95/98/xp, 2 motherboards & 2 burners. easy cd werkin no probs wiv u/grade, which i had to get cos i got a new burner. iv bin strugglin wiv burnin probs fer over 3 months now. it seemz now to b fine, finally

1 tings fer sure, itz a blinkin minefield :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 8:17 am 

zero, i found the most common problem to be when the burner is hooked up with another IDE device. Like say you have one cable that hooks your burner and a plain cd-rom to your board. You know primary/slave shit. If it's possible just hook up the burner alone, or make sure its the primary so the info aint pipe with another device. And never hook'em up with hard drives, cuz you always want the burner to be on a different cable than what its copying from. My normal setup is IDE1 (HD-primary/DVD-ROM-slave) IDE2 (CD-Burner-primary/Zip Drive-slave).

Honestly has solve more bad disc problems than i can count.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 8:45 am 

hmmm... soundz interestin. ill check it out

i also had to change from scsi to ide when i got me new burner cos of availability/cost considerations. anuver bummer in long line of probs dat i wont bore every1 wiv, hehe

Post subject: tracksplit
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 12:30 am 

i use trackmaker, works with winamp...really easy to work with, hit me up on aim: Smorez360 if u want it, its like 320k peace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 9:09 pm 

adrocknaphobia wrote:
My normal setup is IDE1 (HD-primary/DVD-ROM-slave) IDE2 (CD-Burner-primary/Zip Drive-slave).

thats similar to how i had mine, but with a second HDD instead of a zip drive...but i read that its bad.

what i read was that optical drives should be kept together because they only run at ATA-33...so if you run a ATA-66/100/133 HDD on the same IDE bus, they will both have to run at ATA-33.

thats what i read, and it seems to make sense. tho, i am not sure whether they really have to run at the same speed or not. it makes sense tho.

so yeah...after reading that, when i took out a HDD from my old computer, i reconfigured it to have HDD/HDD and DVD/CD-RW. the only problem with this is that burning on the fly would be fucked up (well, according to the theory...i havent actually tried it). since the DVD and CD-RW are on the same bus, there isnt a direct path, and the information has to be alternated. and that goes for copying from one HDD to the other.

but at least the HDDs are running at the faster bus speed...if what i read was correct...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 2:51 am 

Hey man, I use a program called CDWavEditor. It gives you a graphic display, you pick the split points, then when you save, they save as different files. When you burn, burn 'Disc-At-Once'. Easy-Peasy. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll e-mail you the zip.

Capua
cwagar@ualberta.ca

New Topic Post Reply  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next