It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:57 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: MP3s Lead to Buying CDs
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 12:04 pm 

Yeah, so I'm spouting propoganda up the wazoo, but in MY case, this is true. Because of file sharing sites, applications, etc (Audiogalaxy to be specific), I have purchaced not only the Avalanches' cd, but also several others.

The ironic thing about it is that 1 week after I bought 3 CDs the RIAA got that new law passed stopping all these internet radio stations. So needless to say, I'm a bit pissed. If anyone knows a way to buy CDs without the RIAA getting any money out of it, I'd appreciate it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 7:54 am 

move away from america :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:59 pm 

I ALWAYS buy if I have an mp3 and I like it, cos mp3's are usually of dodgy quality, have bits missing, and don't ahve the B-Sides or artwork.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 5:19 am 

i stumbled on to modularpeople.com.
avalanches were listed first on thier alphabetical list of artists.
I downloaded the entire SILU album, to see what kinda music they were making. I burned the files onto a CD to share with friends. After about the second time listeningto the album I was hooked. Since the CD came from mp3s, the tracks didn't mix well. Since then I have bought every album and single on CD, and own some vinyl. I bought the 'at last alone' set from cdNOw... but they cancelled the backorder. I got some t-shirts from the club, bought 2 tickets to thier DC show last year, bought 2 tickets to the new york show. I even scored a promo poster from some guy on Ebay.

So yeah... I never would have spent any of my money, let alone care about the avalanches, if it wasnt for file-sharing.

the RIAA can suck my file-sharing cock. They know they aren't losing revenue. They are just trying to gain a completely new sales market. The RIAA has lined the Howards pockets with capaign contirbutions to create this ludacris bill.

Here to the RIAA getting a DOS attack this past Monday. And here is to doing it again.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ]