It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:19 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cornelius @ the enmore theatre
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 2:54 pm 

Cornilius is playing the enmore on the 22nd of feb, the same day as Groove Armada are playing the Hordon. Friends of mine are going to GA which sold out, but I'm pretty sure I can get tickets from scaplers if I just show up. - but I would really like to see the cornelius show.
None of my friends know who cornelius is, so it means going to the show by myself. From some live sets (1 breezeblock) I've got he seems to be fairly cruisey, so it may not be a dance like crazy affair.
Its just that drop is such a freaking good song!
Anyone out there know cornelius a bit better than I do and can say if you don't go you will be missing out on some magic?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 5:09 pm 

GO. TO. CORNELIUS.

on your own if you have to!

i'd just about lose a limb to see him play live again... i saw him in london last year and it was one of the best shows i have ever seen. (i know some other people on the board went and enjoyed it too).

the man is a rock god, all the good stuff from the albums (which is kind of dancey) is played with a proper band (with cornelius on guitar, the best live drummer i have ever seen and a few others). the songs take on a new dimension when you hear them like it...
and the visuals are great too.

oh, i almost forgot. 'if you don't go you'll be missing out on some magic.' there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 6:12 pm 

yeh i have to second only_sleeping's recommendations, cornelius is the boss. i saw him in london last year when i was there, and will most definately be checking him out again here. one of the best live shows i've seen. he's got a kinda similar, cut & paste vibe to the avalanches i think. but a totally different live experience, in that it's all played live, rather than sampled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:48 pm 

Thanks only_seeping, I'm sold. And peal'n'eat.
I'll report how it was mid feb.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ]