It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:29 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: roots
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:03 am 

be sure to pick up your copy of the roots new album: Phrenology.

more news at www.okayplayer.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 9:47 pm 

Cargo in London is having a Black Lily/ Okay Player showcase night that might just involve a show by The Roots – see below:

SUNDAY 12.01 - WORLDWIDE LIVE PRESENTS ... BLACK LILY

Now we can't tell you who is playing live for contractual reasons, but their name could possibly rhyme with "boots". Check the details below for more info on the hot crew from Philly destined to blow up in 2003. Tickets are now on sale and if you're planning to go to this one get your tickets NOW from http://www.ticketweb.co.uk as it will sell out... guaranteed!

Now this is a tricky one, we know it's going to be big, but can't tell you how big and unfortunately can't give you a full line up for this night for legal reasons. Though the BLACK LILY crew from Philly have two very special guests set to get the Shoreditch arches rather warm with some wide-ass beats for this edition of Worldwide Live. We can however announce that JULIE DEXTER, TERRI WALKER and FLOETRY FLOETIC have squeezed round the law and are confirmed to join the BLACK LILY Crew on stage for one of their infamous jam sessions. Check http://www.blacklily.com for a selection of artists who may be playing, but we can't actually tell you if they will or won't if you get me ... anyhow, you know it'll be the best thing since sliced bread if GILLES PETERSON is putting it on.
LIVE: THE BLACK LILY CREW (Check their website http://www.blacklily.com ... but you didn't hear that from us) + JULIE DEXTER + TERRI WALKER + FLOETRY FLOETIC
DJ: GILLES PETERSON (Radio 1) + BENJI B (1xtra)
6pm-12am
£10 (£8 NUS/conc or with flyer)
A limited amount of advance tickets are now available here: http://www.ticketweb.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 1:27 am 

ahh must go me me me must get tickets arghhhh still at parents ahhh need to be at home to sort arghhh me me me go now :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 11:22 am 

wee snow drift wrote:
ahh must go me me me must get tickets arghhhh still at parents ahhh need to be at home to sort arghhh me me me go now :?

Do your parents own a tractor...? Everyone DOES down there, haven't they....?

Simon ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:02 am 

hum, i will be in london only 2 days before that!!!!!

hey, by the way, i need to find a hostel or a cheat ass place to stay b/w waterloo and heathrow for the night of the 10th of jan, anyone has any suggestions? also about my day in london, anything that you all recomend? i can get too fucked up the night b/c i have a bad 8 hour flight the next day (11th) with virgin atlantic, the worst airline! nothing compared to singapore airlines, that's the best..... anyways, any suggestions for my stay in lodon is greatly appreaciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 5:18 am 

triptik wrote:
hum, i will be in london only 2 days before that!!!!!

hey, by the way, i need to find a hostel or a cheat ass place to stay b/w waterloo and heathrow for the night of the 10th of jan, anyone has any suggestions? also about my day in london, anything that you all recomend? i can get too fucked up the night b/c i have a bad 8 hour flight the next day (11th) with virgin atlantic, the worst airline! nothing compared to singapore airlines, that's the best..... anyways, any suggestions for my stay in lodon is greatly appreaciated.

Yikes. Cheap in London.... *scratches head* Forget it.... ;)

I guess you could try the Union Jack Club near Waterloo. It's not somewhere I've ever stayed, but I know people who have stayed there and haven't died. It's nice and convenient for Waterloo, and Heathrow (500m to District Line tube to Heathrow, or Circle Line to Paddington for the Heathrow Express).

As for places to go, recommend some record shopping (Rough Trade and Fopp in Covent Garden, Mr Bongo Poland St (off Oxford St), nearby Selectadisc) a drink at The Social etc etc....

There's also London Eye if you want to check out the view, you're staying about 1/2m from the Houses of Parliament, westminster Cathedral, Buckingham Palace, Tate Modern, St. Paul's etc....

There's stuff to do.... ;)

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:39 pm 

why didnt you fly outta paris? or are you coming to london for a reason?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:47 pm 

if you are looking for a club to go to then this might be a good one:

http://www.ourdisco.com

have a good stay triptik :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 12:01 am 

SO we're all going for a drink at the Social on Friday then, are we.....?

Em, Viv and I should be there, if anyone else fancies a pint...

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:16 am 

thats the Social in W1 - just to avoid any more humourous occassions where people make trips to Islington whilst everyone else is tucked up with a pint in the west end :lol:

http://www.thesocial.co.uk

see you fri,
v

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:17 am 

i love it when you guys make night-out plans on the list, except i'm always jealous i can't join the fun. cuz it sure sounds like fun.

i need to figure out how to become a jetset playboy so i can just fly over for a weekend whenever i get the fancy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:44 am 

Riko, you should make the trip to DC sometime. (Although the clubs are of no comparison.) You can hang with trip and I.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:35 am 

is anyone actually going to roots on sunday?

i'm failing miserably in getting a crowd together, think everyone's feeling the post xmas tightening of the purse strings...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:40 am 

well lemme know when there's a good event or whatnot, and perhaps i can. i know my girlf would love a trip to DC -- it's one of her fave places to go, and it's not THAT far from here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 11:14 am 

Viv wrote:
thats the Social in W1 - just to avoid any more humourous occassions where people make trips to Islington whilst everyone else is tucked up with a pint in the west end :lol:

http://www.thesocial.co.uk

see you fri,
v

Katie isn't a person, she's an alien from another dimension.... ;) Actually, as she's likely to see Em before I do, I should also say that I love her to bits..... 8O

Simon

PS Triptik, for feck's sake wrap up warm!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 8:45 pm 

Quote:
Katie isn't a person, she's an alien from another dimension.... Actually, as she's likely to see Em before I do, I should also say that I love her to bits.....

yes i don't think any normal person would be sleeping in my office, but that's exactly what she's doing tonight :? :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 3:51 am 

oh i will be warm! the temps out in paris are below 0°C all day in france everyday. plus out in baltimore the weather can get a bit cold too!!

i will attempt to swing on by the social but i am not too sure on the timing thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:53 am 

'fraid i won't be about for the social on friday or roots on sunday :( ...

but i will be going to Buttoned Down Disco on saturday so see you there if your out for it. :)

on a similar subject to the original subject, has anyone else heard the track 'new wave' by common featuring members of stereolab - i thinks its amazing :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:41 am 

aiight, i am definitely going to be at the social. i think i will get there at around 8 or 9. i hope to see someone there!

i've PMed back the people who send me PMs.

wheels, that track is quite sweet indeed! and i will be in london only for one night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 11:02 am 

triptik wrote:
aiight, i am definitely going to be at the social. i think i will get there at around 8 or 9. i hope to see someone there!

i've PMed back the people who send me PMs.

Ha! I'm too damned lazy for that!

Presumably you know, therefore, that we'll be downstairs, that's the main thing. Keep an eye out for lights shining off the top of my head and you'll be right.... ;)

Simon

New Topic Post Reply  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next