It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:23 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: DJ Shadow cancelled show
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 11:23 am 

Hey everyone,

Just voicing my extreme disappointment about the adelaide shadow show being cancelled. I dont see how a show that was scheduled with venue booked (although not promoted at all) can be cancelled for a THIRD show in Melbourne. I am sure that with even just a little publicity the show would be sold out.
Please do us adelaidians a favour and sign the petition at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/shadowad/petition.html
i dont think it will change anything but it may make people think twice for next time.
i'm off to check out ticket prices to melbourne............

sam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 8:31 pm 

well, i heard that the melbourne show was announced before the adelaide show was cancelled. and that the reason the adelaide show was cancelled was due to poor ticket sales.

now, that maybe an issue to do with advertising...but then i havent seen any advertising for shadow in melbourne...and theres 3 shows, which i assume are selling well...

anyway...sorry bro...i would usually be sympathetic to your plight...but i really dont give a shit. i am so pissed off that i am missing rjd2, that i couldnt give two fucks.

i should probably be able to emathise with you or something...but sorry, this shit has made me so bitter and pissed off, that i have lost all other emotions to rage...

====================

sorry if i come off too harsh. no offence intended...i am just really pissed off about this. seriously enraged. especially with the build up of stress over the last few weeks with my exams, and even now after they are finished...actually, even moreso after they are now finished, as i totally fucked them up. i am 1 unhappy chappy...

no hard feelings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 5:41 pm 

Hard luck about the cancelled Shadow show in Adelaide. If I lived in Adelaide I would be feeling quite jipped as well.

I agree that the advertising for the tour's been a bit strange. The only things i've seen in Melbourne are ads in street press, which is how I found out. Maybe they just wanted a fans only sort of thing, instead of a lot of gigs where you get hangers on and such.

Maybe you should just move o'er here , and you'll get better exposure to bands and whatnot, but that's a kinda silly reason to move i guess hehe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:16 pm 

I'm sort of over it now - I took the plunge and bought my ticket to the Sunday show and a flight over, my bank balance will be kinda low but I figure it's going to be worth it, and when is he likely to tour here again....

A question though - where should I stay in Melbourne? I'm looking for a backpackers - possibly the greenhouse or friendly's. One is at 228 Flinders Lane and the other at 197 King St. Are either of these close to the forum and has anyone stayed at either?

Cheers,
Sam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 11:13 pm 

both myself & goldfish have frequented the nunnery in fitzroy, which i recommend it's cheap very friendly & close to brunswick st & town.....

http://www.bakpakgroup.com/nunnery/

don't know if either are close to the forum as i have no idea where that is but i'm sure someone will tell you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 11:49 pm 

Sammyd - I seem to remember hearing that the Greenhouse is a nice place. I went to stay there while I was over but it was fully booked. I ended up staying at the Hotel Bakpak. Massive place with a bar in the basement!!!

Enjoy your stay!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 5:40 pm 

I know i've posted this before but I still haven't found a solution...I have bought 2 tickets to DJ SHADOW @ the forum on tuesday 3rd december not realising its the same night as my last ever school speech night. Does anyone have 2 tickets for either Sunday or Monday that they would be willing to trade? I would be forever grateful...
Much appreciated!

Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 9:46 am 

aha...sorry. i was really pissed then wasnt i...:)

rest assured, it is all because of stress and rage...sorry.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ]