It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:38 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Variety is the Spice
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:00 am 

Hey folks, longtime viewer, first time poster.
There’s a radio show at the University of Maryland called “Variety is the Spice.â€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:03 am 

Hey Jim, are you gonna go to her next show at the black cat? If she's gonna spin some AvS I'm there. I'll start trying to tune into her show, although I commute form DC to Baltimore, and I don't know how far the UMD signal goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 7:15 am 

Dang I envy you, but I'm up in MinneSoda, it would be a hike.

Post subject: Streams
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 7:15 am 

The radio station streams...
http://www.wmuc.umd.edu/
If I'm doing my military time correct, looks to be 6pm Eastern time on Mondays...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:46 pm 

i used to have my own radio show at the university of maryland BC (baltimore county)! my OZ friends used to listen to it thrue the net too. it was fun and we got to steal a lot of cd's and records.

anyway, i am always looking for local shows and good stuff that goes on in the DC/BAL area. any good sites or any good way to locate info about it?

peace

p.s. adrockanaphobia..... does that name have anything to do with the lead singer of BS2000?????

Post subject: The Adrocknaphobia Story
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 3:28 am 

Actually, yeah. I've been a long time beastie boys fan. Paul's Boutique was a pretty stellar album for me. With my name being Adam, and being a big fan, I got nicknamed Adrock through out HS.

Of course everyone and thier brother uses the handle 'Adrock' online, so back in '95 I stopped being adrock420 and became Adrocknaphobia. Which of course is a completely fictious word. The fictious definition being "The fear of, or becoming iggnorant".

But yeah, using a completely made-up word is the way to go for an internet handle. I always keep the same username where ever I go.

And incase you weren't aware. BS2000 is Adrock and AWOL. Adrock being a beastie boys, and AWOL has done production on alot of thier more recent tracks. I believe even Money Mark (a modular artist, and long time beastie keyboardist) has contirbuted to a few BS2000 tracks.

Jeah good stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 3:39 am 

This Christine Mortiz girl is playing the Black Cat this month. A group opf friends and I will most likely go, if you want to meet up or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 3:48 am 

This Christine Mortiz girl is playing the Black Cat this month. A group of friends and I will most likely go, if you want to meet up or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 9:32 am 

indeed i have known of BS2000 for awhile. i have been looking for their original vinyl (the very first time they put out music under that name) for quite some time but i believe it was so underground that only nyc ever got a piece of it. also i must admit that BS2000 put up the greatest $10 show i have ever been to.

about this christine character, i had no idea she was an NPR/88.1 player. i must listen to what she has to offer before i can commit to any show, although anybody who plays esthero is on a very high level in my book!
but i am in a fierce battle against NPR at this moment. don't ask me why, it's a long story.

peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 1:06 pm 

actually, she is 88.1 in Washington. 88.1 is Baltimore is NPR. In DC NPR is 88.5. (I commute from DC to Baltimore - right around the 695 exit, you gotta switch)

i scored a copy of the first bs2000 album when it first came out. its a great set. the record is light pink with white swirls. total cheese. I need to get around to encoding that one.

btw. I went to the blackcat on friday.
god, that place is the suck. indie rock. where everyone tries so hard to be different, yet they all show up wearing a uniform.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 3:00 pm 

AWOL is the guy who plays the drums on punk tracks for the beastie boys, when Mike is singing.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 11 posts ]