It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:44 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: looking for new buffalo info
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 6:17 pm 

this seems to be the only place online for new buffalo fans to gather info.
sorry for being slightly off the topic of avalanches.

anyone that knows the name of the nina simone cover that they do live, and whats happening with the album (i saw an older post saying she might be recording in the USA)

i know i just missed another live show this saturday. i wish they'd play more often, hope there's fresh songs for the setlist! i wish i had a live recording of them too, i really like how they sound live! (email me at coralie_amiga@lycos.com if you have some live new buff pls!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 1:20 pm 
Site Admin

can't add anything unfortunately but if you do hear any news then keep this thread alive, her ep was definitely one of the more impressive debuts i've heard (and quite popular 'round these parts too!) :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 1:47 pm 

i can only say what i know, and that is:
- she's from melbourne, and is darren's girlfriend
- she used to be in Lustre4
- "About Last Night" is the only ep she's released in Australia (i think she released 16 beats/just a little time on heavenly in the UK), which was produced by darren
- she sung on "electricity"
- she's brilliant live, and
- she's meant to be working on an album with "a number of collaborators," and darren may or may not be one of these (hope so)

thats kinda it i think, maybe check out modularpeople.com for foto's or anything else

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:12 pm 

yeah i emailed modular a couple of weeks ago - totally no reply. so i've emailed her manager and her UK label to see if i have more luck! i usd to know her drummer, so i'm even putting out feelers to get in touch with him again!

Sally is originally from Sydney as far as i know, though she always had family in melbourne (i went to uni with her cousin) Lustre 4 was definitely a sydney band. her drummer is Derek, used to drum for the Underground Lovers. and in June Sally was apparently in the US doing recording and has demoe'd a heap of new songs. so i assume she played those this weekend.

oh well, i'll go to tindersticks to console myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 6:12 am 

I emailed her too, but no reply. Darren produced those songs? I didn't know that! Didn't mention any details on my Heavenly Records promo cd (wish I had the ep, but alas, this is all I have).

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ]