It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:37 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Culture of Kings 2: Melbourne Launch Oct 5th
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:39 am 

you may have heard a bit of aussie hip hop being played on triple j recently, and its most likely from the compilation: Culture of Kings Volume 2...which they seem to be playing a fair bit of from what i have heard.

if you liked what you heard, or if you wanna check out some fresh hip hop, i strongly suggest going to the Culture of Kings launch this saturday...this night will be HUGE, with performers from all over australia making the trip down to melbourne. if you only ever go to one aussie hip hop gig in your life...this is the one to go to.

i missed the last Culture of Kings launch for volume 1, but everyone says it was amazing!!! its like the woodstock of aussie hip hop...and seeing as last time around the album was totally ignored, and this time the album was Triple J Album of the Week...this one can only be bigger...much bigger!!!

eh...i know the chance of even one person here apart from me actually attending is very slim...oh well...im telling ya...this will be dope...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 6:19 am 

well, i just got back from this, and all i can say is that it was fucken awesome!!!

farken hell...its past 6am in the morning...and now i have to start writing my essay!!! after just coming back from an absolutely awesome show!!! i been awake for nearly 2 days, and im hell tired from standing up for over 6-7 hours...but i really need to start this fucken essay!!!

oh well...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 3:22 am 

Sounds dope, sometimes I hate living here :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 3:26 am 

what ya saying? you don't get any good hip hop in Philly of all places?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:28 am 

Yes but the grass is always greener and all that. Most of my favorite acts are across the Atlantic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 12:06 pm 

this was one kick arse show...

i didnt realise i didnt put up a list of performers...this is a rough stage order from the night:

yuinhuzami (sp??) (bris)
puah hedz (melb)
a-love (with dj H2O) (melb)
hospice crew (melb/canberra)
art of war (melb)
funkoars (adel)
ken oath (bris)
bob balans (melb)
after hours (adel)
brothers stoney (bris)
terra firma (adel)
solomon kleptoe (with brad strut) (melb)
hijack (sydney)
dj/mc bones (sydney)
dazastah, layla, hunter, and eldraphtoe (perth)
flak (with jodie morgan) (adel)
debris (adel)
hilltop hoods (adel)

with dj's fx & arks (melb)
and hosted by reason & stewbakka (melb)

and i probably left a couple out too...this shit was fucken crazy!!! 6 hours of madness!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:51 am 

Hey Ho,

I've heard a bit of the Hilltop Hoods on JJJ - what's your take on them?

Sounds a beaut line-up - I'm going into Rockinghorse on Friday I hope and so I'll look out for Culture of Kings II.

BTW, what was the essay on? I hope it was an easy one!

Cheers,
Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:41 pm 

hilltop hoods are freaken awesome!!! one of the best crews in aus...international standard stuff.

yeah, you should definitly pick up culture of kings 2...or at least give it a listen. not all the tracks are the best tracks by each artist in my opinion...but it is pretty good snapshot of where the scene is today, and it is mega quality, with some amazing tracks on it.

the essay was crap. i wanted to write an essay on post-structuralism/post-modernism, in relation to the western liberal law...but i fucked it up, and wrote too much about marxism, and because it was the night before it was due, i couldnt be fucked re-writing the whole thing...

i was gonna do both marxism and post-structuralism, and i just happened to do marxism first, because that is the order in the notes, and i was gonna save the best for last and everything...but i fucked up and wrote 2500 on marxism...

...plus, what i wrote was crap. im not happy at all. i really think i coulda written a good essay on post-structuralism. but now i will be lucky to get muchmore than a pass...if that. it really does suck that much.

oh well...i guess i shouldnt have left the essay til the last 2 days before it was due.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ]