It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:59 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: new 12"?--question from a newbie
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 4:56 am 

Hello,

This is my first post here, and I'm afraid I'm a bit late to the Avalanches, but I've gone bonkers for them just now, so I hope this question hasn't already been answered. Anyway, I saw that news item on the site about the "A Different Feeling" limited 12". I wasn't sure how recent that news was, so I was wondering if that record is available yet--and if so, can I get a copy in America somehow?

Also has there been any further information made about the release of the prince paul and stereolab remixes? I was told they'd be on the U.S. single for "since I left you" but I've seen nothing since.

Hope these questions aren't redundant...I'll try to be more in the mix next time. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 6:19 am 

god, get a load of this n00b!

I mean seriously, the nerve of some people. Asking questions about a band on thier own forums! Who does he think he is?!?!?

[kidding]

welcome to the boards.

as far as I know the Prince Paul remixes are available.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... =903920106
(note: you would be bidding against me. If you just want a CD or mp3s I'll hook ya up... if I win.) :(

As for a different feeling 12", I have not seen it. I assumed it was released when they toured AUS earlier this summer. I'd assume no copies were released in the US. Can anyone else back me up here?

So, how did you discover the Avalanches?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 8:23 am 

Thanks for the help and the link! I guess I'll just have to be on the prowl for the different feeling 12". Don't worry, I won't be bidding against you--haven't got the money.

For those who are interested, this site has some new mp3s up of new/unreleased songs. One of them is the Stereolab remix of "Since I Left You". It's enjoyable, especially the break in the middle, but it still sounds like they just ran the song through the stereolab machine. Also on the site is the new Missy Elliot song which is a trip.

I had read a lot of good press on the Avalanches album for a while, and it was cheap at the store so I figured I'd try it out. I'd liked a lot of electronic music in the Mo' Wax/DJ Shadow vein for a while, and was kind of rediscovering it. Halfway through listening to Since I Left You I realized it was one of the greatest things I'd ever heard, no room for discussion. So now I'm working backwards and trying to find out everything I can...the site is certainly a good help!

New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ]