It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:47 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: What will it sound like?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:21 pm 

This question has probably been posed many times over the years, but with the various times we've heard *such and such* is recording vocals for the new Avalanches record i'm guessing there will be a new element to it.

I also mainly wanted to use it to segue into a funny little story, that is slightly Avalanches related. Back in my younger years (2 years ago) when a friend and I used to DJ around Sydney we played after Toni Pepperoni (Tony Diblasi) at a club in Sydney. Shortly after we had started and he had packed up and left, lo and behold there was a single cd left in the CDJ.

Naturally despite the moral dilemma i took it and had a flick through at home, and for 2 hours had myself believing that this track was a new Avalanches track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ytDPhOaT_U

It samples Burt Bacharach and the sampled strings along with those off kilter vocals just remind me way too much of The Avalanches. They have also said numerous times how the first album was meant to be a pop album and that's the sensibility they wanted to aim for wit the second, that along with the possibility of guest vocalists i can really imagine it turning out something like the above track.

Either way it's an amazing track and i've never thanked Tony for getting me onto it and apologized for stealing his CD... the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:27 am 

sick joke. die.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:46 am 

I wonder if The Avs are sick of the new album yet - I can remember an
interview they gave to NME back in the time of SILY, they stated that
they were sick of it as they had heard every sample and loop so often
and it took so long to finish - stay positive!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:19 am 

Quote:
face it - they choked. sad .. but true

yeah,who knows anyway-its always been part ov the deal wit these guys...no matter whot might eventually arrive/or not-they've made one of the most crazy &beautiful shit i've heard so far... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:55 am 

I lost hope a long time ago. The hype surrounding each year with "this will be the year" gets me all excited only to be let down. I'd like to think it will eventually be released or even made. I shall look on it's release like I look on death. It's going to happen but not for a very long time (not that I want it to take any longer of course, and by that I mean the album!)

What about the album they weren't happy with? I'd be excessively happy to hear it, even if it sucked! Possible delaying tactic? Did the album even exist?

Even some crazy single, B side or a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g would do

New Topic Post Reply  [ 6 posts ]