It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:16 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: 2010 - any news?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:23 am 

I was thinking over new years that a full year ago we were on here salivating that a copy of the new album would be in such and such's hands on christmas day 2008...folks in the know were speculating on summer release dates...we heard that 2009 would be a "big year"....well.
Anticlimactic much? Not just a little news, more like NO news. Not a peep. Not a rumor. Not even BAD news.
So, can ANYONE please give us a hint, a tease, a morsel, be it good or bad, about what the heck is going on with the Avalanches, the supposed subject of this very forum? I mean seriously, its 2010 fellas.
As Ed Lover says - CMON SON!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:14 am 

yes, some news would be nice, even if it's just "clearing samples" or somesuch thing.

it'd be wonderful to, say, spend summer 2010 with a new avs record.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:21 am 

i don't expect any special stuff to come in 2010 to be honest (maybe 1/2 mixes,uploaded on the site)-this endless waitin's now turned to be part of avs legend...but i'd REALLY like to be wrong,of course! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:18 pm 

i've come upon evidence that suggests avalanches fans are part of a large scale psychological experiment, we're guinea pigs to test human endurance.. nah just kidding, its coming this summer 2010 i swear by it, i was just kidding all those previous times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:04 am 

Clint, Penny, or anyone else with any sorta inside knowledge, wanna chime in here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:20 pm 

(taken from the band page on facebook)
"So basically the avalanches can't release another album because of contract terms and stuff? Can someone confirm this? :("

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:47 am 

MaxGoun wrote:
(taken from the band page on facebook)
"So basically the avalanches can't release another album because of contract terms and stuff? Can someone confirm this? :("

So a quote random Facebook user who had no inside information AND is clearly misinformed is worth posting here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:32 pm 

I genuinely thought 2009 was going to be it, but I don't really have insider info, just educated guesses! Consider the following:

1) Modular were supposed to recieve the finished album December 2008.

2) "Since I Left You" was complete for approx 12 - 18 months before it was released.

3) "Since I Left You" was most successful in UK/Europe, where it was marketed as a sort of 'soundtrack to summer.'

See what I'm getting at? The record has the best chance of success if it's released in the northern summer. It was supposedly complete last December. So I think July 2010 is the earliest likely release date.

Remember too, bands are like the rest of us. Families, deaths, births, sickness, health. There's surely some legitimate reasons for the wait. Sally Seltmann has a new album coming out too.

One thing I am absolutely sure of: complaints about lack of info don't speed up the process :wink: ... the instant it's public we'll know about it. And finally, online opinions about the status of the band or its record deserve not even a scrap of credence!!! I know that's completely hypocritcal of me be, but come on - "They've split"?? "They're no good without Dexta"?? "It'll never come out because of copyright"?? give me a freakin break.

-Pen!

Last edited by Penny Lopez on Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:03 pm 

Quote:
So a quote random Facebook user who had no inside information AND is clearly misinformed is worth posting here?

what u mean by clearly misinformed? what's the difference btween this guy and any regular avs forum user?-i only see peeps tryin to find any info on the net/if only confirmed infos are
Quote:
worth postin here
,well this forum should show living signs 1/2 times a year&would not be fed with comment like mine or yours... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:08 am 

The dude himself even admits that he really has no idea, and there's been absolutely no news whatsoever to suggest what he's saying is true. If you think for more than a second the most logical conclusion is that he just doesn't know what "clearing samples"—the official news that we have—means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:44 am 

Also, the user has since deleted that post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:01 am 

I wish Penny was a girl. I'd marry her. Him. Whatever.

Simon

Post subject: Tentative release month!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:44 pm 

Hi again,

if one reads between the lines on this blog (and the announcer is not spreading fibs) Modular has informed JJJ that the 2nd Avalanches LP is penciled for an October release.

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/homeandhosed/

Simon I'm not sure I follow!!!?

kisses,
Penny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:50 am 

October:
The Avalanches - TBA (Modular)
The Living End - TBA (Universal)

Not wanting to get hopes up, but that's something....would love a little confirmation or update from the site as well....leave it to Penny to come correct!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:25 pm 

Their profile on the Modular site has this to say:

Quote:
After an overlong silence, the ever-mythical album number two is said to be very near.

No idea how long that's been up there though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:11 am 

I saw a dude in an avalanches t-shirt the other day in melb. Ah, good memories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:23 am 

An Avs record, along with new Gorillaz and Caribou records? 2010 is trying its best to rock my face...we shall see....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:57 am 

the new caribou single sounds great

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:51 am 

Not to turn this into the Caribou thread, but they are always awesome and i relished getting to see them in a tiny little Nashville club a couple of years ago.
But back to new album talk, I wonder if this album is to be as sample based as SILY (its taking long enough to clear em all so...)....we really have no precident as to what to expect, so it could be more live material for all i know a la El Producto....they did say it was very hip hop...but with no dj this time out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:08 am 

Just wondering if anybody in all the land has heard ANYTHING about anything....dj gigs, sample clearances, sightings, club shows, label talk, anything? Is the band still together??

New Topic Post Reply  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next