PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:29 am 

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-best-electronic-music-of-the-00s,35446/

avs feature with 2 many djs on the list

most of the others i'm not familiar with

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:51 am 

on a similar note...

Since I Left You was voted #45 greatest album of the decade in NME this week

http://www.nme.com/list/the-top-100-greatest-albums-of-the-decade/158049/article/158277#article

The write-up with it in the magazine itself is:

"Get a drink, have a good time now...welcome to paradise!" And with those words we are ushered generously into the most unconditionally joyful musical voyage of the decade, a luxury cruise through the azure oceans of sampladelic sound with a crew of exotics and eccentrics always on hand to top up your caipirinha. 'Since I Left You' is so relentlessly beatific it's hard to comprehend the painstaking work behind it, pieced together from an estimated 3,500 sample frogments by two blokes called Darren and Robbie, with a little help from Aussie DMC mixing champ DJ Dexter, Parisian rappers Sain Supa Crew and a couple of runaway stallions. Eight years on, and we're still yet to hear a peep of the follow-up - but their one album is so nonchalantly perfect that nobody would begrudge them if they chose to leave it at that.

I was a bit annoyed when sily was missed out of the NME top 50 of 2001 dispite getting 9/10 so am pleased that they finally recognised it like this (albeit with the help of votes from artists, djs and music industry peeps on top of their staffs)

New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ]