It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:49 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:14 pm 

Taking into account that they haven't done anything "visible" in the past 5 years or so and everybody has completely forgotten them as a band, (except 10 +- 8 persons on this forum including myself) i guess now they have to clear samples first if they are planning to use them :idea: :lol:

By the way, i remember we had some (last? ) newsletter from modular concerning avalanches after some korean rumble long time ago,- maybe it's about time for a new one :?: :idea: :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:29 pm 

I think to celebrate this new release, goldfish should come get drunk with me in Melbourne again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:59 pm 

If samples aren't even done clearing then I wont be suprised if we don't see it untill early 2010, it hurts to say, but I have a feeling.

I'm trying to be simi-optimistic here.

Post subject: meh
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:34 am 

I have a Different Feeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:22 am 
Site Admin

http://www.timeoutsydney.com.au/checkou ... lovic.aspx

interview with steve pav - little quote about the new album there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:34 pm 

Alright! That is a positive note! To hear him say this year even though it is now July makes me think some major shiznit MUST be happenin somewhere. And it sounds like maybe he heard that version that was supposed to pop up back at Christmas!
Now can we get a new mixtape posted up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:59 pm 

update on the main page

Quote:
WHOOPS!

The large amount of traffic & downloads through here recently have been causing the site to crash from time to time. Some of the longer dj sets on the mixes page will be temporarily unavailable till we get these bandwith issues sorted. Stay tuned and we'll re-up these mixes in a week or two with some new shit for you to listen to as well.

some new shit..........exciting but I aint holding my breath!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:20 am 

I hate to be a killjoy, but, that article is from January or so. It's from before the Australian flood/fire victims concerts.... Wolfmother DID officially split up. They did not 'make-up' - new guys were hired!

So, don't read too much into the Avalanches bit. I have to concede now, that my July prediction was wrong.

By the way, any of you in LA?

love,
Penny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:38 pm 

Hold up everyone, start winding the streamers up, someone grab those doves and butterflies and whack them back in the cages for the next wedding, oh, and cancel the DJ and see if we can get out of paying a cancellation fee . . . look's like it's (not) time to get this party started, right? :cry:

(Thanks for the forensic update Pen . . . I did get my hopes up again too. You'd reckon I'd learn by now ). :lol:

Not in LA either . . . have seen enough for today from home (Vale MJ). But getting up semi-early this morning has at least got me ready for the Ashes tonight.

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:47 pm 

It has to be getting closer now, here is to hoping nothing has gone awry in the sample clearing process. And that the current quiet is just the calm before the storm.

Or if some douche bag artist/label has indeed decided to screw up the whole Avalanches record over a pivotal sample clearance, I'm sure releasing said persons name to the Avalanches fan community would help things along.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:16 pm 

i've kind of stopped thinking about the whole thing now. it makes it much easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:20 pm 

They could always 'do a Girl Talk' - sod the clearance, put it online and request donations. I've not heard of any legal repercussions from GT doing it. Obviously this is just me dreaming.....

New Topic Post Reply  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5