It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:13 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Avs news hogwash or not?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:37 pm 

Well I know this may be total baloney but I heard a rumour that the Avs cd will be released on 08/08/08. I definitely don’t have an excellent source but there is something written about it on their wikipedia page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:09 am 

I'd assume nonsense until someone on here complains about the lack of activity on the main site and too many delays in giving us free remixes. At that point, Clint will ride in like a white Knight on his charger and give us 3 minutes of steel drums and the noise of an excited chihuahua and everything will be right with the world.

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:53 am 

Quote:
I'd assume nonsense until someone on here complains about the lack of activity on the main site and too many delays in giving us free remixes. At that point, Clint will ride in like a white Knight on his charger and give us 3 minutes of steel drums and the noise of an excited chihuahua and everything will be right with the world.

Heh heh heh :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:30 pm 

a few things spring to mind:

"inside sources" usually = this is some shit that i've made up.

given the avs own post in january, which seemed to suggest that the album was somewhere close to being finished - how could it possibly take another 10 months from now?

then again, it has been 7 odd years (shit, the beatles had pretty much come and gone in that space of time) so what's another year's wait here or there.

if they ever do release another album, obviously they'll do it when they're damned good and ready. but there really is no excuse for not posting the big tent set, or the full brains set (which I assume are finished) for download - hint, hint (please, please).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:32 pm 

PS.

no offence intended to you carpet man - i was referring to the "inside sources" in the wikipedia entry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:44 pm 

funkmaster wrote:
but there really is no excuse for not posting the big tent set, or the full brains set (which I assume are finished) for download - hint, hint (please, please).

in my opinion, these sets (and other old sh) have to feed us until new album appears- so they are scheduled, let's say, to appear in 3-4 months time one after another- in such case 08-08-08 seems to be quite realistic.

on the other hand, personally i don't expect anything until 10-10-10 :D

and i always wondered- what kind of contract do they have with Modular- for 20 years, let's say, 10 albums ( :) ) or any other?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:08 am 

surely it's rubbish?

i don't see how someone could set a date so far in the future with such accuracy.

if it's nearly done, it'll be soon. if it's not, then who knows when it'll come out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:00 am 

My theory is that the downloads are spaced out very deliberately because as soon as one is advertised, it knocks the servers about.... ie, if downloads from the site exceed a certain amount, then the site administration costs for that month skyrocket. Just a guess, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:35 pm 

who gives a fuck ?! it'll be out when it's out. there's loads more albums worth your attention at the moment.

sorry, raged fan boy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:07 am 

i imagine that they can be "done" with the album at some point, but it'll take the lawyers another 6 months or longer to clear the samples. isn't that what happened with sily?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:44 pm 

chem wrote:
who gives a fuck ?! it'll be out when it's out. there's loads more albums worth your attention at the moment.

sorry, raged fan boy

There are OTHER albums and artists???!??!?! What?!?!?

Seriously though. Anyone worried that the new CD will end up being like a completely different genre like Country or folk? What if it's just Robbie or Darren improvising for 74 minutes on a pan-flute and a maraca???

p.s. We require the full Brains set in 256 kbps format!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:38 pm 

updated profile on their myspace sez, "putting the finishing touches on album 2" :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:11 pm 

:shock: Yes, I saw that updated status a while ago. Good news, to say the least. I get that much more excited everytime I think about it.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 13 posts ]