It is currently Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:16 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: discuss amongst yerselves
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:30 am 

So, once again the forum has gone dead - not so much as a live gig or a remix to talk about....started out as such a hopeful year - revised website, posted mixes, a few live shows....now, just another year with no record, no real word from the band, and now not even any new posts to read...
Fine - I will submit some thoughts perhaps worth a comment or two...

1) New album...anyone curious as to how it will relate to the "preview" from 4 (!) years ago?
2) Heath Ledger as the Joker - genius or idiocy? Some of those new pics are awesome (and he is an Aussie after all)...
3) Mark Ronson's album - gimmick or badassery? I quite like it, but i see it has really turned some folks off....
4) South Park - jumped the shark? Sure seemed so this past season...
5) And lastly an Avs question: Any ideas on how they will tour with 3 guys dj'ing if and when the rekkid comes out? Think they'll beef up with some session players or just dj everything?

C'mon people! Lets at least give Cozmo something to read at work!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:09 am 

1. i don't believe in the new album. i don't think they've done any work on it and it'll never come out. :D

2. batman is cool. i trust christopher nolan.

3. mark ronson is a hack, a total chancer. novelty cover albums full of songs i never want to hear again or that he has no chance of improving on? how does anyone not have anything better to listen to than that?

4. i didn't know they were still making south park, i stopped watching a long time ago.

5. the record? coming out? see 1!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:04 am 

1. I will be amazed if the new album ever comes out. If it does I expect to be disappointed. Which means if it does finally materialize and is worth the wait I will be one happy bunny.

2. I'm afraid I can't apply such restraint to The Dark Knight. I am really excited about this film. Batman Begins was brilliant because every scene in the film propelled the film forward or foreshadowed future events. If they can pull off such brilliant storytelling again we are in for an absolute treat.

3. Ronson ain't really my bag. Caught a bit of him at Bestival last year, he was all right I guess.

4. Sadly they never seem to show South Park on terrestrial round here so I ain't seen it in ages.

5. See 1.

Post subject: Re: discuss amongst yerselves
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:43 am 

1) Nah - thought the 'preview' sounded gash, and the recent ambient mix equally so. However, aside from the Franz Ferdinand mix all the remixes have been brilliant, so there's some quality assurance going in, which is good as far as I'm concerned.

2) Heath Ledger in the Jack Nicholson role? Bad. Idea.

3) Just is brilliant, and Pretty Green is quite good... the rest is dull

4) Not seen it for a long time; want another South Park movie, if I'm honest...

5) Eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:32 am 

1. If it does materialise I don't think it will have anything to do with the preview from 4 years ago. You have to wonder though, that they must have made at least one or two albums by now, which they have listened to and thought we can't release that. So maybe one day those will be released under a different name. Or maybe on some holo disc of the future which will have the entire discography, which will be more than 1 album!

2. All batman films have sucked. The new one will be no different.

3. Never heard of Mark Ronson....

4. We are on repeats here. I went off south park around season 5, but there where some good episodes in season 8. They seem to be getting more cynical, or opinionated which can be off putting sometimes.

5. They could go down the orchestra path like gotye... But who knows. Lets hope its original and refreshing.

This has been brought up before while there has been no avs news, this forum to me has long been about finding out good music from people with a like minded taste in music. So if all is quiet here, maybe that is a reflection that there nothing worth mentioning musicwise at the moment...

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ]