It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:37 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:29 pm 

From The Avalanches, I could only share those bigger breezeblock sets; everything I have else is already upped here (I had those TripleJs and the small breezeblock set already). I also have that Electricity EP which is illegal to put up so I guess I'm a bit short on stuff legal to up. But if you like mashedup mixes which come very near to the avalanches I recommend one of these by DJ Eskiimo: http://www.eskiimo.com, the halloween mixtape is awfully good but the mixtape 1 is a classic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:28 pm 

Oh, what I was missing: I was looking for the 57 Min GIMIX... Anyone an idea, when another mix will be on the homepage?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:23 am 

I have this.

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/35663308/1997_-__Live_JJJ_Oz_Music_Show.mp3.html

I'll upload more later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:01 pm 

TheGent wrote:
Oh, what I was missing: I was looking for the 57 Min GIMIX... Anyone an idea, when another mix will be on the homepage?

Thereee's only one Gimix, and it's 45 something minutes long. The 57 minute atrocity is teh evil 'When I Met You' bootleg, created as a money earning cash cow, stealing not just from the artists on the rekkid, but also The Avalanches (who'd found such new and interesting ways to put those rekkids together). Avoid

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:46 pm 

That last bit with the three 97 live cuts was pretty amazing - but it really goes to show how different SILY was from their previous material. As producers and dj's these guys are mindblowing - as rappers, well, not so much....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:30 pm 

goldfish wrote:
TheGent wrote:

Thereee's only one Gimix, and it's 45 something minutes long. The 57 minute atrocity is teh evil 'When I Met You' bootleg, created as a money earning cash cow, stealing not just from the artists on the rekkid, but also The Avalanches (who'd found such new and interesting ways to put those rekkids together). Avoid

Simon

So definitely not done by Dexter or The Avalanches? Booh! Sort of a copy and paste music mixing or what?
Is there any chance getting some infos on when we will get something new for a download from the website?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:17 pm 

TheGent wrote:
goldfish wrote:
TheGent wrote:

Simon

So definitely not done by Dexter or The Avalanches? Booh! Sort of a copy and paste music mixing or what?
Is there any chance getting some infos on when we will get something new for a download from the website?

erm.. tiz avs. basically, itz gimix wiv sum ov trax extended. so, itz all same trax as gimix, but longer & azza result, inferior, cos it spoils the flow

when theres info on new stuff, this iz where yll find it :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:52 pm 

Yeah, but who extended the mix, anyone NOT from the Avs? Sorry to bother you, but this is the only place for infos and don't we all start from one point in time...? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:01 pm 

TheGent wrote:
Yeah, but who extended the mix, anyone NOT from the Avs? Sorry to bother you, but this is the only place for infos and don't we all start from one point in time...? :roll:

Nope, definitely not by The Avalanches. They even left a message advising people not to buy it a few years ago...

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:40 am 

[ ]

Last edited by TIME_IS_IN_LOVE on Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:46 am 

TheGent wrote:
You did well sharing so much. Don't call me greedy, but any chance for some more?

most material that i have, been upped here, just a couple mixes left- but as i have downloaded them from one person who doesn't like them to be shared,- that's all from me. You can try to find them on soulseek :idea:

just a couple of additional live vids:

(thanks for the original ripper- though i don't know who she/ he is :wink: )

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/37158606/The_Avalanches_-_Information__Homebake_1999__-_videopimp.mpg

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/37159822/The_Avalanches_-_Rolling_High__Homebake_1999__-_videopimp.mpg

cheers,

littlelazylady

Last edited by littlelazylady on Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:54 am 

edit: strange, but it seems, that i can't edit my post using Opera browser :roll:

a bug? :)

2 edit: no bugs :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:07 am 

Hey all, since its been pretty quiet lately thought Id upload an Avs set I havent seen uploaded here before. Quality aint real flash but I suppose for those who dont have it it's better than nothing.

sugar 11.29.01

the avalanaches - sugar 11.29.01.mp3 - 73.12MB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:31 am 

carpet man wrote:
Hey all, since its been pretty quiet lately thought Id upload an Avs set I havent seen uploaded here before. Quality aint real flash but I suppose for those who dont have it it's better than nothing.

sugar 11.29.01

oh thanks. ill check it out for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:35 am 

carpet man wrote:

sugar 11.29.01

Thanks for this; fun listen. Wish there was a decent recording somewhere, as the whole Doctorin' the Tardis/Par-T-One stuff isn't on any of the other mixes...

Cheers,
Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:08 am 

Thanks for this,good stuff! And thanks Simon for answering the question I was about to ask - Par-T-One,'I'm so crazy' - I haven't heard that for years! Absolute classic! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:25 am 

Carpet man wrote:

sugar 11.29.01

Been listening to this a lot lately. Quality aint great,but it's a good mix.
Would anyone - Swampmaster for example! - have a tracklisting?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:23 am 

Yeah, I downloaded that sugar thing also, is it legit? Well it does really sound like them ... Swamp?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:50 am 

It's legit, it's Chater and Dexter live in the US - a girl recorded it on her minidisc unit, 2001

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:49 am 

Penny I have always meant to ask - how do you know all this great Avs info? You always have the answers we are looking for on here and with no input from the band themselves, I find your posts to be the most informative on here...whats your story??

New Topic Post Reply  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next