It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:47 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: mix download page question
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:08 pm 

Hey,
does anyone (maybe our friendly administrator/moderator) know anything about the mix page on the avalanches site... particuarly if and when the "coming soon" mixes might become "available now" mixes...??

Very very keen to get me grubby little hands on the At Home & Cornerstone mixes, plus the new ones, Rat Cell etc, should be worth a listen - as if they wouldn't be, it's an avalanches mix...

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:35 pm 

Good luck getting a straight forward answer on this one...everyone around here was so stoked just to see a new color background and some coming soons, we forgot there wasn't all that much actual new material or info....although we all gotta give props for the Some People mix....it is awesome. But what is the deal? Cant we have like one new already recorded mix set every 6 months or something? Come on, we've been so good!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:51 am 

Mr Cozmo just said it properly: being an avalanches fan also means to know the notion of time perfectly 8) each and every single day turns to be sadly common when the coming soon corner appears unchanged :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:22 am 

jerome, everythin alreddy released is available thru soulseek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:55 am 

Cheers swamp, but while i think i can probably get away with downloading the odd mix set or two here and there on my computer at work i don't reckon the chaps in IT would be too happy to see P2P file sharing software showing up...

If anyone knows of anywhere that is hosting them for download that doesn't need to download file sharing software as well that would be really cool??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:58 am 

Wow. The last bit of that post doesn't make a whole lot of sense...

Basically if anyone knows anyway of downloading the mixes that aren't available yet throught the avalanches site without resorting to P2P software could they point me in the right direction?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:09 pm 

I thought it made sense - and is a request i have made before. Lots of times, folks post up a direct link to an audio file - the old right click and save target as. But for folks on their work computers it gets tricky installing a new software or program on the computer. We always appreciate a good hotlink...like they do for Gimmix sometimes...or the way the sites audio files are..you can just grab em.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:26 am 

What exactly are you after? I am willing to grab and host a couple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:14 am 
Site Admin

There should be a new mix up fairly soon guys.

Sorry not sure about when At Home and Cornerstone will be added again tho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:12 am 

[ ]

Last edited by TIME_IS_IN_LOVE on Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:28 pm 

Cheers for the update admin folks. Berny you're a diamond, that would be ace if you could manage it - i've got gimix and the ones hosted on the site currently (some people - which is brilliant - brainz teaser, etc) as well as i think the first breezeblock?? (the one that sounds VERY similar to the gimix mix) but would be keen to get hold of either of the other two breezeblock sets and/or cornerstone. Or anything funky that's worth a listen for that matter...

If it can happen then it would be very much appreciated, if not - cheers anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:21 am 

The Breezeblocks are good - the one with lots of Beach Boys is better than the mostly techno one (in my opinion) and i have both plus some misc. radio shows where they basically play different edits of Gimix - but if i was going to request one for someone to host it would definitely be Cornerstone...never even heard it! Isnt it the lengthy one with some Fela Kuti in it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:17 am 

cozmo78 wrote:
The Breezeblocks are good - the one with lots of Beach Boys is better than the mostly techno one (in my opinion) and i have both plus some misc. radio shows where they basically play different edits of Gimix - but if i was going to request one for someone to host it would definitely be Cornerstone...never even heard it! Isnt it the lengthy one with some Fela Kuti in it?

erm... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:20 am 

You can't go wrong with the dexter triple J mixup set from just before SILY was released. Its a 3 hour extended gimix, and probably my favourite avs mix. You should find it on slsk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:13 pm 

Well then, Berny - why don't you be a pal and start a revolution. Just think, there are so many dope mixes already out there - i have rounded up a bunch on soulseek and STILL dont have nearly all of em - that if one of us hosted and posted one each month, most of us would have new exciting stuff to come on here and find and maybe it might even light a fire under the admin's ass....I for one would love to get my hands on any of the Mix Up sets or the Morning Becomes Eclectic...I'll even host the next one if anybody's game...anybody?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:30 pm 

ok, although i don't see any point in doing this- because You can find everything on soulseek- as was mentioned before (and if You are a true fan of Avs, i think some endeavours like asking a friend for a help or smth can be made) , for those who are even more lazy than i am, here is my favourite:
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/29229054/Avalanches_-_01-09-00_-_Live_At_Cornerstone.mp3

one more:
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/29230006/Avalanches_-_00-09-12_-_Breezeblock_Showcase_Set.mp3

yes, here we have another one:
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/29234739/Avalanches_-_01-11-30_-_Morning_Becomes_Eclectic_Mix.mp3

:wink:
p.s. be quick,- my rapidshare account is valid until 11th of May- and as i am such a little lazy lady- i don't know if i will have money to extend it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:04 pm 

erm... bb showcase (1st bb) iz gimix curtailed by a few mins. wuddnt bother with it. just get gimix :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:08 am 

[ ]

Last edited by TIME_IS_IN_LOVE on Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:15 am 

TIME_IS_IN_LOVE wrote:
i could only DL 1 then my freebie was over

can you post the last link on something like www.mediafire.com or www.sendspace.com?

thanks-beau

wait an hour or so, and then go back - you'll be able to download again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:22 am 

[ ]

Last edited by TIME_IS_IN_LOVE on Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next