It is currently Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:35 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: isn't this sad
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:12 am 

For the past 5 years i have checked this site like i check my news sites - everyday - for just a whiff of news. Here it is 7 years later...7, people! ANd the last we heard was an abstract chunk of sounds 3 years ago labeled a sneak preview.....now i just have to wonder what the fuck...there isnt even any conversation of news going on in here anymore! I miss the Avalanches! I have damn near lost track of what their "sound" even is at this point! Can we get a post-preview preview? What about the "and more" that was supposed to accompany the botched dj set we never got?!?!
Have we waited so long and so faithfully for nothing? Not even some scraps???
Avs, where are you?!?!?!?!!??!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:05 pm 

True,time grows longer as days pass without anythin new :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:12 pm 

i feel your pain. i too check this forum daily. i have it in a bookmarks folder of sites i check constantly - email, flickr, etc.

i still listen to the old mixes a lot, to help pass the waiting time. my favorite these days is james's beneath the surface set. aside from being relatively newer compared to at home and others (and therefore less worn out from repeated playing), the laid-backness suits the winter mood better.

hopefully 2007 will bring at least the splendor set, although at this point i hope they have enough for a 4-cd set plus a dvd. hmm someone should do a "things that have happened since the last avalanches release" list - number of releases by other people who were also last heard around the same time, number of pointless wars bush has started overseas, etc. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:19 pm 

Oh my god!!! I cant believe it!!! I came on here to read the other whiners and found new BADASS tracks, video, an updated website & mention of the new record! WHAT!?!?
THANK YOU!!!!!!

New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ]