PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:18 pm 

Well, i had to tell you guys first:

Sunday 22nd October 7pm-12.30am
Plastic People, Curtain Rd, London EC2
Tickets: £5 (tbc)

DJ Dexter
DJ Kuya
DJ Tu-Ki (Irish DMC Champ 2002-5)
Nathan Detroit (Southern Fried/Bugged Out)
Raf Daddy (1965 Records)
Minigroove 45

Check these out, its going to be an awesome night: :D

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LVWyVQlbho

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... 408930&n=2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:11 pm 

Brilliant. I shall be there with bells on. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:05 am 

Whistles & bells? (bit of a nod to Riko there!) :wink:

Its gonna be £5 before 9pm and £7 after but i think you should all get there early for Minigroove 45*! :D

*Me & my mate guy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:06 am 

I wouldn't dare turn up late for fear of not getting in, it's not the largest of venues!

Very excited.

One of my friends jumped the gun and bought a ticket for Fabric, but now doesn't want to go as we're definitely coming to Plastic People. Now, I'm sure trying to sell two tickets on here (even at face value) would be against forum rules, so I won't try, but if I were to receive any private messages I could hardly ignore them...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:11 am 

I know, that was the idea tho...make it like the old avs gigs at the social.

Keep checking the plastic people website as they may do advanced tickets (but still come early yeah!) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:38 am 

This is threatening to be a hard weekend... Fabric, Phoenix, Plastic People...

Excellent.

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:52 am 

goldfish wrote:
This is threatening to be a hard weekend... Fabric, Phoenix, Plastic People...

Excellent.

Simon

Well. Fabric wasn't great. It was nice to see Dexter again, but it was very familiar. Jimi, J5, Dre/Zinc, Bodyrock, I Want You Back.... hope there's something a bit newer at Plastic People. Dexter didn't look terribly into the whole thing, though it probably didn't help that the crowd were more interested in the Black Eyed Peas wannabees that were on before (Foreign Beggars or something; dreadful, dreadful UK hippity hoppers, made bearable by the rather fantastic human beatbox interlude, Foz) than anything Dexter did, and he more or less cleared the floor with his first 10 minutes. It was like a fire alarm had gone off. Be nice to say 'hi' to Kuya at PP though.

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:22 am 

Yeah I was disappointed with fabric last night . Its been a few years since I last saw Dexter but not a lot had changed. Still an enjoyable set but he didnt seem into it at all. Might have been tired or something from all the touring or as you say the rather poor Forgeign buggers or whatever stealing the crowd. Did you catch the mental band on after Dexter? Went down better than him but I just felt it required less talent than Dexter to get an ugly bird to pretend to masturbate with a microphone then spit on you. Just my opinon.

Post subject: Re: Dexter & Kuya's End of Tour Party
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:05 pm 

Wheels wrote:
Well, i had to tell you guys first:

Sunday 22nd October 7pm-12.30am
Plastic People, Curtain Rd, London EC2
Tickets: £5 (tbc)

DJ Dexter
DJ Kuya
DJ Tu-Ki (Irish DMC Champ 2002-5)
Nathan Detroit (Southern Fried/Bugged Out)
Raf Daddy (1965 Records)
Minigroove 45

Check these out, its going to be an awesome night: :D

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LVWyVQlbho

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... 408930&n=2

Was a fun night, all the music and Djs were great... except Dexter who was completely drunk and out of it. I didn't really get his track selections, and the best bit was exactly the same as when I last saw him 2 (3?) years ago. I hope this was just a blip rather than an indication he has gone stale! Certainly no-one could blame him for being tired and emotional at his end of tour party...

Post subject: Re: Dexter & Kuya's End of Tour Party
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:46 pm 

Just typed a long reply to this only for f*cking Windows, which is incapable of opening anything in a new IE window, to change pages just because I clicked a link in an email. Goddamnit.

Basically, I don't know about Dexter being drunk and out of it, but we were. He just seemed to be having a laugh with his mates to me. It was a shame there were some technical problems (lighting in the booth), because we didn't see much of a climax to the set, which was much better than at Fabric, with a lot less of the same old same old that we'd got on Friday. I don't know if it's a new thing or not, but the Cyndi Lauper 'Time after Time'/'Doom's night' combo was very amusing.

Special thanks to Pete for making sure that the overcrowding that was such a feature at Fabric didn't occur at PP... ;)

Nice to meet Kuya, who seemed like a lovely bloke.

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:47 am 

Basically, the booth was pitch black so dexter wasn't able to do all the quick cues and tricks he wanted to. He was really apologetic about it but, as you guys said it meant the set was a lot more freeform and had less of the old routines in it...went on til 1.30am too. Thanks for spotting the smoking light Simon, didn't really want a flaming booth on my hands!

I also thought the time after time/dooms night/superfreak section was rather good. And i think DJ Tu-Ki will be massive one day as his set was awesome. Great bloke too, as were Kuya, Dexter, Raf & Nathan.

Dream come true for me putting on that night so big thanks for coming down. Next time i'll try and do a Radio Soulwax at Canvas! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:36 am 

Wheels wrote:
Thanks for spotting the smoking light Simon, didn't really want a flaming booth on my hands!

Heh... yeah, I figured that might've rounded your night off a treat... ;)
Wheels wrote:
Radio Soulwax at Canvas! :wink:

Don't even joke about that....

Simon

New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ]