It is currently Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:32 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: zen and the art of being an avalanches fan
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:43 pm 

I reckon that this is going to be the title of my book.

Nothing more to add here really. the title just came to me, and there seemed to be a lull in chatting activity!!

Upcoming gigs for this little black duck include

Meredith Music Festival
Cornelius
Soundtrack of our lives (acoustic)

And more to come.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:22 pm 

yes indeed. it's taking me all of my natural asian zenness (plus some on rent from my ancestors) to bear this long wait. splendour shmlendour...

as for upcoming gigs:
- jon stewart (not music, but man i'm looking fwd to this comedy gig)
- pet shop boys
- islands
- scritti politti next month

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:45 pm 

Cornelius are touring. Egads man! I shall have to see when they are coming to Sydney.

Most recent live thing I have been to was park life. Nothing terribly new or exciting was there, but it was still a fun day out (Mix Master, Mike, Peter Hook and Mattafix being the highlights for me). Krafty Kuts was shit though, I didn't get my hopes up going into it either, but it was just 90bpm for 1.5 hours. zzzzzz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:17 am 

A Cornelius tour? What the balls! Where'd you hear about this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:02 am 

hmmm yep cornelius have confirmed and been announced for Meredith and I hear have confirmed for a Melbourne sideshow too

I assume there will be an east coast jaunt, but who knows....keep ya ears to the ground

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:22 pm 

If anyone hears anything of a Sydney show for Cornelius can you post it here. All my ears hear are slight tremors. I will do the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:17 pm 

Just checked themusic.com.au and they had the following snippet which should please you Aiken:

CORNELIUS
Japan's genre hopping maverick, Cornelius, returns with new stage show which he calls the 'Cornelius Sensuous Showcase'. Playing songs off his impending release, Sensuous he will appear at the sold out Meredith Music Festival, and sideshows in Sydney and Melbourne. The tour is booked through Handsome Tours.

Keigo Oyamada created the Cornelius persona in the mid nineties, paying homage to his favourite character from 'Planet of the Apes'. He emerged onto the world stage with his cult classic Fantasma released on Matador in 1997. The record was hailed as visionary for its subtle influences, ranging from Beach Boys harmonies, to My Bloody Valentine's heady guitars, and its cut- and-paste post modern production style. In 2002, Cornelius released Point a more organic sounding record with its classical guitar loops and sweet harmonies. Cornelius continues to push the envelope with 'Sensuous', set for release in 2007.

Sydney The Metro Theatre Wednesday 6th December
Melbourne The Hi Fi Bar and Ballroom Thursday 7th Dec

Hope that's what you were looking for. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:29 pm 

Thanks for that mcsteveg! Very much looking forward to this. I haven't been to the metro in a long time. Last time cornelius where here I saw them at the enmore theatre, which was operating in intimate mode - ie. the seat area was curtained off, which a friend of mine at that worked at the enmore for 3 years has never seen again. Will be interesting to see how much of the metro they fill up.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ]